Original topic:

S21 Ultra Lag

(Topic created on: 2/28/21 6:17 PM)
gadget069
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Brand new phone on Thursday. This thing is so laggy. I cleared system cache. Even turned adaptive display off. Still lags. I'm fact I've never had a new phone do this. How can the flagship phone of Samsung lag this horribly. 
21 Replies
lolobong
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
go to screen and look for check that it is in 120hrz fluency of movement
0 Likes
gadget069
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
it is in adaptive mode
0 Likes
gadget069
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
yes adaptive mode
0 Likes
user9CgLp9YGjq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you so much! That was the problem. Now to reload the apps that weren't actually causing the problem.
0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

What do you mean by laggy? If it's a new phone, and you're still setting things up, it's normal for it to work harder, get warmer, or even feel slower at times, but once it all settles, it should be fine. Also, not every S21 Ultra is the same. Snapdragon or Exynos? 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
0 Likes
gadget069
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
slow transitioning, apps opening slowly (taking a second). I've been in this game for sometime, I know new phones take a couple of days to smooth out. but nothing like this. I've switched the display from adaptive to 60hz, phone still acts the same.
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

so its not stuttering, but slow animations and not smooth?

try enable developer's option ( settings - about - software info - tap build number 7 times)

go back 2 times, 

developers option -> window animation scale off, transition animation scale off, animator duration scale off

0 Likes
gadget069
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I understand how to do that. question is why should I have to do that to a $1400 phone i just bought?
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@gadget069 the answer is, you shouldn't have to. Beside the lag, or stutter, are you noticing any other issues or concerns?

0 Likes