Original topic:

S21 Ultra Repair nightmare

(Topic created: 05-19-2022 06:57 PM)
ACagedGlitch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

~~WARRANTY REPAIR NIGHTMARE~~ The first time I sent in my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra for an in warranty repair it was overnighted MARCH 29TH. It was noted there were scratches on my screen by a Samsung repair tech. There were NO scratches on my screen. I had a screen protector on it, which was clearly visible since the sides were peeling up. I left it on, since it said those things will be removed during the repairs. No one removed the screen protector, someone just noted my screen was scratched which was a lie. Anyone who touched the phone should have noticed the screen protector. My phone was sent back with a cracked screen. It was NOT UPS as they always claim. My box was in perfect shape. The cracked screen was almost invisible under the screen protector they didn't take off, I only noticed when I took off my screen protector, which should have been done, during "quality check". Clearly quality check is a lie. The other stuff that I had expressed was malfunctioning when the first repair ticket was created, was ignored.. Only one thing was fixed, nothing else. I had to send it in a second time for the screen repair, I made sure to add the same list of stuff that still needed fixed, since it wasn't addressed the first time it was sent off. When it came back, those were AGAIN, ignored and on top of that, I had a battery bulge and my rear camera had a giant gap between the bezel and the back phone housing. Again, where is the quality check? Samsung tried to blame it on UPS again, even though the box was perfect.....Who's reading the repair tickets? Who's doing the quality check? Sent it back a third time and they kept my S21 Ultra. And said they would reach out for a replacement or refund. A long while later, they said they will send me a refund. OF $1,199, BUT NO TAX. Samsung said if i wanted tax I would have to send them my purchase receipt which I no longer have. That price won't even cover my phone replacement, I'll have to pay out for pocket, that's not fair!!! You decided not to replace it! MAY 12th Update - I was FINALLY sent a refund link for the $1,199. Even though I had expressed that it needs to have Illinois tax on it. they refused. THE LINK DIDN'T WORK!! IT SAID NETWORK ERROR. Samsung tried to blame it on me, I called my bank and Zelle, they said they didn't get anything or any attempts. Samsung hasn't tried to fix this issue, no they said payment has been completed. I said it definitely hasn't. They say they'll send a check, but have no date when they'd do that. I've called everyday, they say they are doing this and that and nothing happens. I've NOT gotten a refund, I've NOT gotten a phone. I haven't had a working phone now since March 29th when I sent it in, it was working, just buggy. And they are doing nothing. Looking on line, tons of other people have had this issue. AND THEY DO THE SAME THING! MAY 19 UPDATE - STILL NO REFUND OR REPLACEMENT! I was told the president's office would call me. That didn't happen, no one at Samsung will talk to me, they keep saying the presidents office will call me. I filed a BBB report on May 4th 2022, Samsung never responded to that. I have no phone, no refund, and now no communication with Samsung. They have stolen my S21 Ultra. 

3 Replies
For-You
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
In this world happens to many things 😕
We are the people, and the people make mistakes
0 Likes
Mäw
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Keep pushing to talk to someone, the BBB takes a few but it will get their attention. Try blowing this up on social media to get marketing departments attention.
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I hate to say it but I had a lot of support issues with Samsung in the past. The most recent was I sent a trade in device, returned the new phone since it was defective, was assured I would get my trade in back since it was not processed at the time of return and received a confirmation email stating my trade in was being sent back to me. A month later, nothing I went through support for a whole month at which time they stated it was somehow processed and I could not get it back. Luckily they rectified it by giving me 800 credit which I used to buy a washer/dryer but it took forever to get a solution.

The support personnel usually have no authority to make issues better and have to escalate it a few tiers before you get results so stay persistent.