Original topic:

S21 Ultra: SIM tool inserted in Microphone hole

(Topic created on: 4/6/21 3:35 AM)
ferrydaddy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello All,

Accidentally I inserted SIM ejector tool inside the S21 Ultra microphone hole. I also applied some force in an effort to push out the tray. Although, the phone is working OK so far. Did I break something inside? Microphone / Mesh / Water protection. Kindly clear my doubts.

Thanks!

0 Likes
5 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Probably not.  You're not the first to do that ;)  From reading here the speaker isn't directly under the hole but to the side so it's likely nothing happened.

Fast forward to 1:45 in this video.  Remember that you're looking at the back of the camera.  The speaker hole is on the top left where the speaker is on the right.

Galaxy S21 Ultra Teardown! - Its bigger than you think.... - Bing video

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
ferrydaddy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I poked the microphone hole right next to the SIM card slot. Any idea about that one?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@ferrydaddy 

Same. Usually the dust/water protection on a device is very close to the opening so I would guess that you punctured that. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@ferrydaddy 

Usually the dust/water protection on a device is very close to the opening so I would guess that you punctured that. 

0 Likes
ferrydaddy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

That's no good news bro :(

0 Likes