Original topic:

S21 Ultra Screen Flickering

(Topic created on: 3/25/21 1:21 PM)
userMp8mKu5s8q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Alright, so a couple of weeks ago I posted regarding my screen randomly turning yellow while I was in the dark. I've gotten used to it,  but now, out of absolutely nowhere, my phone screen has started flickering. 
No, I didn't drop it, get it wet, anything. 
I was out at lunch and had my phone on the seat next to me.
I started using my phone, and noticed that it was flickering. The screen will remain somewhat grey while I'm on FB, or other social media, which makes it hard to read my messages.
Is this a glitch for this phone, or is this a serious issue with just my phone?
0 Likes
4 Replies
invis52
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Defective copy
0 Likes
userOk7mi84PHu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here :pensive_face:
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

It could be defective and in need of repair but since you'll have to do a factory reset anyway before your send it in, why not try that now without restoring your backup and see if you experience the same issues.

And you don't mention the weather but sitting on the seat next to you in the sun or hot car can cause that behavior.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

@userMp8mKu5s8q You would want to do the factory reset as suggested by @bill-e to make sure there are no software issues. However, if the phone does need repairs you can take the phone to a local uBreakiFix location for evaluation. https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung or send a private message with the full model code and the IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes