Original topic:

S21 Ultra Screen Timeout when in calls...

(Topic created: 01-12-2022 10:43 AM)
JS-
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Have tried to find the answer to this but all I find is the typical 'Screen Timeout' information.
What I am looking for specifically is when I am in a call and I have to listen to prerecorded, "Press 1 for...  Press 7 for...." my screen times out and goes black, within about 5-10 seconds.
How can I extend that? 
My standard screen timeout is for 60 seconds and that works perfectly.  I cant find where to change the in call timeout, or even what its called...
Thanks in advance,

JS

6 Replies
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Until now there is no option to control that time in calls....but yes, it would be very nice to have that option.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Settings->Advanced Features->Motions and Gestures->Keep Screen on while Viewing
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
JS-
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you Bill-E... I just made that change and will test it here in a bit...

0 Likes
Members_AZ92WF0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks Bill-e.  I will try this and it will likely help but I am not always looking at my phone while listening to voice menus.  This was not an issue on my previous phone as  the screen time out while in a call was  the same as it was when not in a call.  It would be really nice to see an option to set the screen timeout while in a call.  It is seriously aggravating when  the screen keeps  going dark so quickly.

Thanks,

J

0 Likes
userVVW9CZWMs9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes this is ridiculous.  How are we supposed to use the dial pad when the screen goes dark.  Get you stuff together Samsung...

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
I have my screen timeout set to 1 mi and also gestures set to keep the screen on when viewing. I've never noticed an issue with the screen in a call so I called a number and while in the call I opened the keypad. During this 4 minute test as long as the screen was pointing at my face it stayed on. If I put the phone up to my ear it went black but immediately after putting it in front of my face it turned on again. During the entire 4 minutes I never had to manually turn the screen back on.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes