JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra Serious Delay

(Topic created on: 2/21/21 7:15 AM)
Tom6068
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I ordered my S21 Ultra 128g titanium on Jan. 27. No where on the site or any notice from within the ordering process was I notified of any type of delay. I first started calling about 10 days after my order as it has been shown under the status from day one as "expedited". I spoke with a rep and they said because I ordered titanium that it would be longer since it was a special order. I was seriously unhappy with that response since NO WHERE on the site or within ordering process did it say that special color schemes (or the like) would take longer to process being a special order.

They couldn't give me a timeline, only that it's *expedited* in the shipping process order status. The add-ons were free but they have a ship date of March 31, but it doesn't say that the phone itself will be shipped on that date. Is the wording to upkeep hope that the phone will come sooner and the rest at the later date or that is the overall actual date of the phone shipment but they don't want to ward off buyers for taking so long? Who knows (I'll admit I wouldn't wait because the point of getting the newest release is that one gets it relatively close to that release date).

Anyway, I tried to cancel three times and after the third time when a rep said it could be done, I received an email saying that due to manufacturing process it has to remain in the system, that I can just reject it when it gets shipped to me (this was said by the first two phone reps). Seriously, that is how one cancels an order, like they're making it appear that it's a carved in stone process. This is yet another way to get the customer to just take the phone upon arrival. So, I ask if I order a black phone how long that would take, they said about 2 weeks. But after reading how some here are waiting a month for just that color scheme, I am totally put off .

Here's the real kicker; just got an email today (February 19) that my order is now delayed (remember what I said about March 31) and that my phone will ship no later than April 7 (or before). So this kind of confirms that my order wasn't going to ship until March 31 along with the add-ons. Just WOW, two and a half months after ordering this device will I get it. Darn, that will be pushing into the next Samsung releases of phones!

tl;dr

Ordered S21 Ultra Titanium on Jan 27, got email saying that it won't be shipped until no later than April 7, that's about 2.5 months! :grimacing_face:

Edit update: having a online chat abt the delay the rep abruptly ended that chat. Now trying to get back has an even longer wait. This is customer service for you. I am just going to reject the phone when it arrives. Not taking a phone that's near halfway though a release cycle to the next release in August.

JB-S21Ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I've got a little thread going on the very subject. Very disappointing...
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/Samsung-S21-Ultra-and-S21-Plus-S21-shipment-delay/m-p...

Tom6068
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Tbh, I saw that thread online in a web browser from a Google search. Not knocking the thread or its validity to complaints, only that me or anyone else adding to that just concentrates the valid outrage at Samsung.

I even suggest that EVERYONE who hsd/is experiencing the same issues create their own thread so that any search is results in far more individual results. Putting them on thread where the vast majority of people are not going to read through when in cases such as these, they want to see how complaints have been made of their own.

One thread doesn't posit the amount of complaints in a search. Just my thoughts on this.
userrik7a0JCNq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

These are sent from Texas. As you know, the weather is really bad in Texas now. My S21 was due 2/16. Still waiting.

MikezDroid
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

My refresh finger that keeps clicking on the order every day, or maybe a couple times a day is getting worn out. They really need to get these deliveries done. March is way too far away. Please do something before my fingers fall off

userleGZ9cTBaR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I ordered the 14th of Jan and its still not here. Waited a month for it to ship now its stuck in TX with no clear date of when it will arrive. Between SAMSUNG and FEDEX they dropped the ball on this. I will not be back in the future. I get weather delays but here in WI we dont have such issues with delivery in a snow storm at that. 

ericlikeseatin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My S21 Ultra 256 GB was pre-ordered on Jan 19 and initially expected Feb 13. Since then, I've gotten two "delayed order" emails. No expected dates appear on my order and Samsung's online chat feature was helpless. The guy on the other line wouldn't answer my question about when the new estimated delivery date was.

This is my first time ordering (or pre-ordering) a phone directly through Samsung. It will also be my last time. What's the point of pre-ordering a phone if I get it LATER than buying it through Best Buy or Amazon?

MikezDroid
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

The delay got worse. It went from March 3rd to March 18th. 

user7174XLhaXh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I ordered a 512GB Titanium S21 Ultra on January 16th and it's been delayed twice, with the most recent notice coming on February 15th saying my order was delayed "more than 30 days." Clearly the demand for the "custom" color options far exceeded any forecast at Samsung, but I am amazed a conglomerate that makes nearly everything isn't able to scale production to meet demand.  :\ 

MoonlightGraham
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Well the bad news for everyone is   **IF** your order ships it will ship with Fed-Ex and I can say my experience has been a TRAIN-WRECK.

I understand bad weather but my device and case shipped separately and WEREN'T timed with bad weather in TX or service interruptions enroute or near the final destination.

THEY broke order into 2 shipments - first was lost but then randomly appeared over week late NO tracking updates, so no delivery warning. 

This is a particular concern because package delivery requires signature confirmation... so with $1K phone and porch pirates you either try and be home, leave a release, have a trustworthy neighbor, or HOPE to pickup after a failed delivery.  

Second shipment - no surprise it's lost again, Fed-Ex has no clue... over week late. 

I'd have more sympathy if it was a large, heavy item shipped freight or ground but these items are 2-day AIR shipments. Planes haven't been grounded for  a week.... and in my case today weather or power outages in TX have nothing to do with items PU by carrier 2 weeks ago.

Yep "stuff" happens but there should be contingency plans with Samsung to accommodate some of the failures with product sourcing logistics and order delivery failures. Lost shipment isn't a Samsung's fault but THEY to use Fed-Ex exclusively and 1 only class of service.  

If you are trading in... and most are... your order will be shipped to TX or TN via... Fed-Ex. You had better make sure you keep that receipt from when you drop off the trade-in for outgoing. That and with all the delays it seems they AREN'T pushing back your trade-in window. Was told by CS rep I'd have AT LEAST  15 days after receiving completed order, but have not got order yet and I am supposed to mail by today. If I miss the trade-in windows I can see a fight to get my full credit. 

This process has been so, so poorly ran.  

0 Likes
MikezDroid
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
it's getting close to March. Anyone seeing any shipments yet? I'm not. :prohibited: