JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra Signal bouncing

(Topic created: 06-03-2022 05:29 AM)
Chris1484
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

So for a couple of days now since I downloaded the May Security patch I have been having issues with apps not loading, and my signal bouncing back and forth from 4g lte and 5g. I have so far reset my phone, toggled airplane mode on and off, reset network settings, but I'm still having these issues. Has anyone else had any issues since the patch dropped?

I am S21 Ultra AT&T.

Thanks for the help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

in regards to the data bouncing between 4G LTE and 5G (assuming this difference is observed in the same location that used to give stable 5G connection) could be carrier related issue, as the new updates roll out the carriers may have made changes that is causing this... to check, you can either reach out to the carrier directly or you can reproduce the issue and report to samsung members app > get help > error report. 

As for the Apps not loading, reproduce this separately and report as its own issue ticket, grouping issues together will get the report rejected. 

View solution in context

21 Replies
Karatblk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am also having Wi-Fi issues with my S21+5G phone since the last update. I have done a factory reset and now Verizon app doesn't work.
Solution
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

in regards to the data bouncing between 4G LTE and 5G (assuming this difference is observed in the same location that used to give stable 5G connection) could be carrier related issue, as the new updates roll out the carriers may have made changes that is causing this... to check, you can either reach out to the carrier directly or you can reproduce the issue and report to samsung members app > get help > error report. 

As for the Apps not loading, reproduce this separately and report as its own issue ticket, grouping issues together will get the report rejected. 

random-name1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My S21 is having the same kind of issues. It is also running a lot slower and the screen stutters. Reminds me of memory leak.
0 Likes
Chris1484
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm still having this issue..I think I'll go to the AT&T store. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions by all means please feel free to post!
0 Likes
frink
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

So far my 18 hour experience with the 7/30 update 5CVG9 is terrible. My Verizon locked S21+ now CAN hold a phone call, but the Cell signal frequently cuts out completely. I will go from 5G bars to ZERO bars, then after 10-20 seconds 4G reappears. I can't believe this.... I have not tested outside my home but should have a chance to later. At least Wifi is stable. Also, did the option to turn off 5G get removed? There is no "Network Mode" option in Mobile networks anymore, so I can't even test turning off 5G...

Kyle87
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Note 20 ultra here and no july update yet
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I never had network mode the second I put a Verizon sim card into my unlocked device. Download hidden settings or force LTE to change from 5G
0 Likes
frink
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Ok, my unlocked S21+ with a Verizon SIM still has Network Mode option. It did not get the update yet. However my locked Verizon phone I forced the update to by manually checking, does not have the option. I am actually not sure it did before or not as I didn't check for it as it wasn't having so many call drops as the unlocked S21+. Now that one is experiencing the Network drop offs after the patch so I looked.

0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
So downl0ad one of the apps I told you and switch it to LTE. It's been 3 years and 5G is not in my area and the closest is lime 45 mins to 2 hours away so it was killing my battery
0 Likes