JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra Signal bouncing

(Topic created: 06-03-2022 05:29 AM)
Chris1484
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

So for a couple of days now since I downloaded the May Security patch I have been having issues with apps not loading, and my signal bouncing back and forth from 4g lte and 5g. I have so far reset my phone, toggled airplane mode on and off, reset network settings, but I'm still having these issues. Has anyone else had any issues since the patch dropped?

I am S21 Ultra AT&T.

Thanks for the help. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
frink
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks. I downloaded the app Hidden Settings and turned off 5G, preferring LTE. Within a few minutes I had the same issue, the mobile network dropped completely, before restoring 10 seconds later.

0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Keep trying. You might have to power cycle your phone
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

I can definitely understand the frustration and inconvenience cause by lack of signal on your S21+ after an update, and am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. First, try resetting your network settings:
From the home screen, swipe down from the Notification bar then select the Settings icon > scroll to and select General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings > Reset.

If that does not help, you can do as Yamialex224 suggested and power cycle the phone by shutting it down, waiting approximately 60 seconds, and then turning the device back on. 

You can also try Safe Mode, to see if a third-party application is causing this behavior: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

If these steps and guides do not help, I would recommend talking to your service provider, in this case Verizon. Your networks and connections over the air are managed and provided by them, so they would be able to best assist. 

0 Likes
frink
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Today is much better than yesterday. I have had no drops today.

0 Likes
Gabriel544
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Ever since I downloaded the new software update on June 28th my phone has had trouble connecting to my network. I have one of Verizon's unlimited data plans and never had any issue with connectivity, until I updated my phone. Now I can hardly use my phones moblie data, anyone else having similar problems? Added: Also I've tried to see if Verizon could help me at all or maybe figure out what's wrong with my phone, or even if anyone else has similar issues. But they weren't very helpful.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes I have s21 plus and I'm having the same issues you having and I'm on visible which is Verizon network....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Forgot to ask you what kind of data issues you having because my network keeps changing from 5g to 4g and I don't find 5g cband on my phone and data is real slow too
Gabriel544
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
The same happens to me where it will say 5G and then not load anything for a few minutes then sometimes change to 4G then load whatever it is I'm trying to load. Most of the time I experience difficulties trying to look up things on Google or even look at posts on Instagram, or play moblie games.
Guitar420
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I had the same issue. I was using the esim in the phone. Went and got a real sim card and it fixed all problems
Rel1225
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Lot's of threads on this, but they're usually deleted.  Here's a good summary:

https://www.reviewgeek.com/123172/samsung-galaxy-s21-owners-report-audio-cutouts-on-verizon-networks...

0 Likes