Original topic:

S21 Ultra Some Apps not able to use mobile data

(Topic created: 11-18-2021 02:24 AM)
Traveler919
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a T-Mobile Brand S21 Ultra. Ever since update G998USQS4AUIR I have had issues with certain apps not being able to connect to the internet/Open when using mobile data. It is a random occurrence. Some days it works all day, other days it works for a few hours then quits. Everything works fine on WiFi. Some apps slightly work, for example the stock trading app Webull will open, stock prices will update but I can't do anything else. It will say Network Disconnected or Network Issues. Other apps such as NFL, and FOX Bet Super 6 will just spin a circle and not open. While this issue is happening other apps such as my browser will work without network issues. I have tried everything I can think of including factory reset. Over the last few days I hadn't had any issues. Then I got the newest update G998USQU4BUK7 and after install the issue popped up again and hasn't worked since.
7 Replies
Dhawk1202
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
If you haven't already, turn off 5G and go back to 4G and see if that works. I've noticed even in good coverage areas the latency of 5G is so bad in some apps that they just plain don't work. Using 4G fixed that for me.
0 Likes
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Reboot to Recovery screen and Wipe Cache and Repair Apps
0 Likes
Traveler919
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I had done the wipe cache before and the first time I did,it began to work for a few days then the issue came up again. So just now I did the Repair apps and as of right now the problem is fixed. Hopefully it will stay fixed but as this is a random issue, it might quit again.
0 Likes
iamblue
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

contact T-Mobile and consider updating to the Android 12 / One UI 4 

0 Likes
Traveler919
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I went to a T-Mobile store and they tried resetting network settings which kinda **bleep** me off because I knew it wasn't it and all my wifi and Bluetooth settings got reset. They then said it was probably caused by the update so wait for the next one. That would be Android 12 with One UI 4.0 which I did the update the other day and it caused the issue to pop up again. However I tried the above suggestion of repairing apps in recovery mode. It has since started working fine. So we'll see. Thanks for the suggestion though.
0 Likes
useryj5wuZ3LV2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have just a S21 and I have the same problem. Webull worked when I first got the phone then stopped sometime in August after the update. I can only access it on WIFI or random days through the week. Any chance you are in Utah? Since its a network issue could it be T mobile regulating it ?

0 Likes
Traveler919
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am in MN and I was thinking it was possible a T-Mobile issue. After I tried the following though, it has been working so I would advise you to try this. Go into recovery mode. To do this power off phone. Then press Volume Up and Power button at the same time. Once it turns on it should go to recovery mode. Use volume down to go to the Repair apps option. I believe it's the last one. Press power button to select it. It should restart and optimize apps. Once it's on, check Webull. Hopefully this will work for you.
0 Likes