JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra WiFi Repeatedly Disconnecting

(Topic created: 02-13-2021 07:49 AM)
userJTTyj1Dkbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I've reset my router, reset my phone, turned wifi off, turned it on, tried other wifi connections, I've tried turning off mobile data.

I have constant wifi issues, it's always always always disconnecting.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for reaching out. You can try the troubleshooting here. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559 You may also need to follow up with troubleshooting your router.

If all troubleshooting fails, the next step would be to have the phone repaired. For repair options, you may contact customer service by calling 1-800-786-7864 or send a private message with the full model code and the IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

20 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
make sure Switch to mobile networks and wifi power saving are off under wifi->three dot menu->advanced
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
try a network reset (BEAWARE THIS WILL UN INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES AND AFTERWARDS YOU WILL NEED TO RE INSTALL)

From settings go to General management, open, scroll down to reset, open tap reset network settings
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

and try Safe Mode

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
userJTTyj1Dkbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
i tried the power saving option already. I just did a Network reset so I'll see how that works out. I didn't know that was a thing thanks for the tip. I'll keep you all posted.
userJTTyj1Dkbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Also, I noticed my 5G icon and WiFi icon were both always on. my S8+ just had a single icon depending on what it was connected to. the network reset has cleared this and now it is only showing my WiFi icon. hopefully this means the issue has been resolved.
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Did you turn off "Switch to mobile networks"?  that will make your wifi unstable.

Bill
---
0 Likes
userJTTyj1Dkbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
My guess is that it was trying to constantly switch between wifi and 5g so my connect was always unstable. The issue could've been from transfer all my preferences and settings over from my S8+ but who knows.
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
just another idea, check your mobile settings, I would recommend automatic, that will always choose what is the strongest signal

From settings, go to connections, scroll down to mobile network, tap, then scroll down to Network mode
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
That may not be appropriate for some folks, if they are on fixed data plans.