Original topic:

S21 Ultra Won't Update Software

(Topic created: 01-07-2022 08:45 PM)
user8JbEhu9kSa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Has anyone else's S21 failed to update since January 2021? Mine updated straight out of the box, but not one update since, not even a security patch. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this or if their is a solution out there. Can't find anything else about this issue on the interwebs.
0 Likes
8 Replies
andyy98
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
I have not received that kind issue. I have the s21 ultra and get monthly updates and even had the beta version of UI4.0. have you tried manually checking for updates? You might have a phone service that hasn't received the newest updates.
0 Likes
user8JbEhu9kSa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I manually check every time I see that my carrier has rolled out an update. No luck.
0 Likes
Coldheat06
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Try updating through the SmartSwitch Windows app

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch/

It also allows you to backup your samsung device to your computer
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
0 Likes
Jc3363
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Not working for me either
user8JbEhu9kSa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
SmartSwitch also did not work.
0 Likes
Members_ymmv9wE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I am having same problem with s21 fe unlocked on verizon my wife had same issues last year with s20 fe I have found no information either to figure it out. my wife says hers will eventually update but it takes several weeks of trying and failing.

userzuLaYYtGod
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Do a soft reset! Hold down volume down key and lock key for 30 seconds I can't believe this just worked on my s21 ultra since Nov! Came back on and instantly started updating finally

0 Likes
user8JbEhu9kSa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
That did not work for me unfortunately. Surely somebody knows a way to force an update, right?
0 Likes