Original topic:

S21 Ultra action shots.

(Topic created: 07-24-2021 02:08 PM)
Alex94
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Please show me your action shots (NO STATIONARY  PHOTOS!) That's not the problem. I'm about ready to give up on the S21 Ultra, and return it for an iphone pro max if these camera issues continue. Every photo that has any movement comes out blurry. The auto focus never stays focused on the moving object, burst mode is blurry and out of focus itself. Yes, the lenses are clean, software is updated, plastic removed, restarted camera, cleared cache/ data, tried safe mode, etc etc. If there's no motion the photos are fine but a hint of motion and the focus and detail absolutely suck. The auto focus tracking does not keep pets or kids in focus. Out of maybe 200 burst shots I'll get 1 or 2 that aren't completely blurry. The single shot that's supposed to let you select what kind of photos/ videos it captures doesn't work. It completely ignores what you don't want to capture, and then out of many good options in 15s it selects around 5-10 of the worst possible moments and adds ridiculous filters to it that I specifically removed as an option but it still does anyways. At this point it seems impossible to take any clear, detailed photos where movement is involved on the S21 Ultra. Please show me its possible and what you did to capture them. 
8 Replies
RobXbalboa
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
These are from a car driving about 40 miles per hour and a plane taxing down the runway
I have photo set to auto. Also I have motion photo on and I have it set to 3:4 at 108MP.
(S21 ultra 5g unlocked) 20210511_094528_3748.jpg20210531_110848_3836.jpg20210531_101119_3831.jpg20210531_101140_3833.jpg
Paul1961
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
It seems that most of the complaints on here about the s21ultra have to do with blurry photos. I have the same problem...slow auto focus..won't stay focused, etc. I am also thinking about iPhone 12. People that have them seem to have little if any complaints.
Alex94
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've been avoiding it because I didn't want to get stuck in the Apple ecosystem. But if this is supposed to be Samsung's best camera phone, especially with the price point they're selling it at, then they have a lot of work to do.
Options
Galaxy S21
The trick isn't to use burst shots, because a burst of shots that use slower shutter will all be blurry. You'll need to use Pro Mode and use a faster shutter speed (at least 1/60 second for normal motion and 1/500 or 1/1000 for faster motion). Also remember to tap on the subject of focus if you want it to track. PXL_20210718_182009380_15891.jpg
0 Likes
Alex94
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Just to confirm, the shutter speed setting is right next to the ISO setting in pro mode?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Yup. Faster shutter allows you to capture motion better but also lets in less light. You'll have to raise ISO (light sensitivity) when you increase shutter speed. Higher ISO will lead to more noise, but for motion, it is worth it.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

When you adjust your shutter faster the screen will darken so at that point you will need to increase your iso.  There is a compromise in that the faster the iso the more noise in the photo but I prefer an in focus shot with noise than a blurry shot without noise.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
usercmlYAWjtY6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
There needs to be a SERIOUS update to fix this!
0 Likes