Original topic:

S21 Ultra constantly freezes and resets, Watch 4 not receiving notifications

(Topic created: 11-10-2021 05:53 PM)
Samtation
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey everyone I'm usually great with alot of support with devices but I'm out if options here. My Samsung S21 Ultra continues to freeze and reset its self randomly I don't understand why and now my Samsung Watch 4 is not receiving any notifications. For the phone I tried restoration, cache system clean, virus scan with Bitdefender, and I even tried a new Sim Card swap no luck. Is anyone else going this the same thing?

For the watch I did a restoration and it works for 4 to 5 days before I stop getting notifications then I get a blacked out screen on the app which when ever I toggle back on it automatically turns back off. And I don't want to keep restoring my watch for it to work 😫. Does anyone have any ideas on that too anything would be appropriate. And here's the image of the watch app and what I see under notifications

For future support I appreciate the response! 
0 Likes
6 Replies
TheFamilyMan
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Your device should likely be under factory warranty. Call Samsung Support (brace yourself! 😄) and request a new device or go to the place of purchase and see if they'll do a warranty exchange.

Have you tried uninstalling the apps you've added since the purchase of your device? There could be a software conflict causing your device to crash.

If you can backup your device, SAVE ALL YOUR IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS, FILES, PICTURES ETC. Clear the system cache again then perform a factory reset.

Once you've successfully reset your device the first app to install would be Samsung Wear in order to verify your Galaxy Watch 4 is connecting and functioning properly.

Before you install anymore apps (other than those pre-installed) go to Device Care and activate Device Protection then scan your device. If no threats are install one app at a time. If a threat(s) is found follow the suggestions to correct it.

After the installation of an app verify it's performing properly. If the app is not performing properly it may be the cause of a conflict.

It does take some time but through the process of elimination you're thoroughly troubleshooting your device to in order to determine the root cause of the system freezing and resetting.

It may be something as simple as an app or you may have unfortunately received a faulty device. Either way your checking off potential causes while you're keeping your device healthy and free of applications that may pose a risk.

This is a basic way to determine whether you're having a hardware or software conflict. I've rooted every device I've owned up to the Galaxy Note9. When I experienced similar issues this process has successfully restored my devices. There are others may not agree with this and/or may have a different process but this has always worked for me. It may be and tedious and methodical but it has always successfully worked for me.

Hope it helps solves your problems, if not I apologize in advance.
Samtation
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I actually did a virus scan to make sure I didn't encounter any issues there. Came out clean. I'm gonna Uninstal any new apps and hope that helps. I keep a backup every week I'm gonna try a factory restore soon. So hopefully that works. But I might have to use my best buy insurance so I can have a phone 😩 but I'm going to try this after work. I really appreciate the response.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

you haven't spoken to Samsung help desk yet?? If not, then I would do so. Normally submitting error report to Samsung Members after issue is seen again would be the proper way of reaching out to Samsung for help, but if the device is unusable at the moment then either chat with them online or call them on another phone.

It's possible a hardware is failing

Samtation
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Funny thing about that. I tried to send a report from my phone, it crashed mid sentence. I checked the rest log file. It looks like something called android recovery and battery drainage was the reason of these random resets. I turned off battery optimization which helped a little. But android recovery is still a bit issue. I even restored my phone. I'm going to try and get a new s21 ultra. But I hit my ends with trying to fix it 😩
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

well at least you found some clues... you can try calling or chatting with a samsung engineer and see if they can think of something. when you call or chat you'll first talk to bunch of techs that aren't all that knowledgeable, so you'll have to be a little patient and ask to speak to someone with more depth of knowledge, an actual engineer.

It's for those log info that you saw that users need to submit error reports, even if you have a partial log file it could be helpful if it succeeded in capturing the necessary info.

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I am very sorry to hear your phone freezes and resets in addition to no Watch 4 notifications, and can see how frustrating this is. Third-party apps can cause random or constant reboots to happen on your phone or tablet. Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue. You can perform a software update, factory reset, or turn on Safe mode to determine if an app is causing the issue. Try this guide for the constant reboots: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001475/
For freezes and crashes, here's another guide to help you along the way: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001416/

Finally, the Watch not receiving notifications is also able to be worked on. Give this guide a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061433/#:~:text=Open%20the%20Galaxy%20Wearable%20app%...

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Likes