Original topic:

S21 Ultra heats up to much using Google Duo

(Topic created: 06-19-2022 09:48 AM)
SamMasterBoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My phone gets way too hot using Google Duo to the point it's begin to get throttled and slows down considerably. 

Why is this app able to push this phone to its limit to the point it begins to heat up way too much and not handle it?

On S21 Ultra Snapdragon

8 Replies
dpickett_18
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Same problem with my old s21 ultra. I believe it was the actual camera causing the over heating. Not the duo app. What you can try is to wipe cache partition. This won't delete any of your data. Power off your phone. Then press and hold the power button and volume up button. Once the android logo appears, release both buttons, a screen will appear. Use the volume down key until you reach "wipe cache partition", use power key to select, then select "yes" After that's done, use the volume down key to reach "repair apps" and press the power button to select. It should reoptimize your apps and automatically reboot itself.
SamMasterBoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Interesting if it's the camera causing the issue. I assume it's the Google Duo app pushing phone to it's limit and the phone unable to keep cool under max load.
One thing for certain for all that computation load, the video quality it is able to provide is superior to whatsapp video and when wife does FaceTime to her family member from her iPhone 13 Max Pro.

I guess we can't have high quality video with low Computational load.
Always trade off, eh?

One thing for this phone I think is bad cooling design.

Anyways, thank you for the suggestion,I will see if it made a difference m
dpickett_18
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes the cooling system in the s22 ultra is way more reliable than the s21.
0 Likes
SamMasterBoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Btw, great advice on clearing up the partition cache..the phone usage just got way smoothrr.
dpickett_18
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Awesome hopefully it continues to operate better.
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
juni0072
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
I talk for hours my s21 plus on Google duo it happens to me when I use regular data..but when I use wifi it won't heat up. by the way what temperature does your phone get to when it's hot for you?
SamMasterBoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am on WiFi so is the other person. I haven't given a try yet after clearing up the cache like another commenter said here.
0 Likes