JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra lagging or unresponsive

(Topic created: 02-06-2021 03:23 PM)
Vics_S10E
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Recently when using my Ultra I've had issues when unlocking it, the phone becomes super laggy and unresponsive for a while then goes back to normal. Anyone else having this issue? I know not every phone can be perfect but for $1,200 its a bit disappointing to be experiencing these problems so soon. Hopefully a future update can resolve this 

userogEgdeBHFf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Same issue. Annoying problem. Switching from adaptive refresh to 60Hz standard seemed to help somewhat.

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you tried wiping the cache partition of the phone? https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s21/wipe-cache/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MDS2147
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
this started happening 2 weeks after buying the phone. why would the cache need to be cleared so soon? my s9+ never had this issue and was almost maxed out on memory space and I've never cleared the cache. I traded my s9+ in for this S21 ultra and I'm feeling ripped off.
VladislavV87
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I'll try it and I'll post an update later.
0 Likes
VladislavV87
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Tried clearing the cache. After about a week, same problem. I got my phone more than a month ago, so I can't return it. Any suggestions?
I think on another occasion I saw the OneUI app/module crash during this lag. After the crash the phone starts working fine. I assume it might have something to do with OneUI.
0 Likes
JungleKat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
doing same thing to me unlocking, I can close all my aps then will still do
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you tried the steps provided previously by SamsungRei?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwElNPQ8fUn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Call me crazy but I still use the Blackberry Hub app - nothing else I've found keeps all emails, SMS, FB, IG, etc together in one app.  It worked fine on my last phone but glitches on the S21 Ultra.  Tap on the mesages, they won't open.  It gets all messages, swiping works, just can't open them (easily, at least - some do open).  Other friends have no issues with it and the app is still working on my old phone as well - some conflict between the app and the S21.  I've tried lowering animation time as well as wiping the cache partition as I can't rule out an extreme lag versus an all out glitch/conflict.  Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

does it only lags on blackberry hub? or other apps as well?

0 Likes
userwElNPQ8fUn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Only on Hub.  Other apps seem to be fine.

0 Likes