Original topic:

S21 Ultra probably the last samsung I'll own if this doesnt get resolved!!!

(Topic created: 08-12-2021 09:56 PM)
JoonBin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So that's it! Everything is Fine in Samsung except for ONE BIG THING!!! App Optimization!!!! I'm really thinking of moving to the Iphone if Samsung still wont do anything about app optimization and I know its because Apps generally optimize for Android not for certain specification but the purpise of getting a smartphone is not just about how smooth the screen is or how amazing the zoom on the camera is but its also about how convenient ypur experience is and I don't really want to offend people but I'm really upset at how my Friends with iphones can upload smooth videos on tiktok, Snap, insta, fb while theyre bullying me for getting a Samsung Phone which has really bad camera quality on These platforms.... and Im not saying that Samsung phones are bad... Theyre even better than Iphone but in one aspect which is this... and personally for me, Its great that theyre innovating and making more devices but whats the point if they cant even do simple stuff such as optimization of apps... like why are yall not doing anything about this....How hard could yall make a mode for each of these apps to work specifically on your specifications.... Samsung PLEASE... I love Samsung Phones and I don't wanna buy an Iphone but if this keeps up I might probably do the switch... 
10 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Gotta hate it when they say it has bad quality. No it don't. It's just the app takes a stupid screen grab. You can upload your videos on Facebook with full quality in a post. But go to settings in the app and look through it if you find something that says... upload photos and videos in HD then click that!!! I can do 1080P video and higher.
0 Likes
JoonBin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsungs Cameras Dont have the BAD QUALITY actually its the Best Quality Camera out there... but the Optimization of the Apps is Bad BAd BAD like... its not about going to the settings and trying to make sure everything works out.. its about convenience and if your 1300 dollars would just give you inconvinience why stick with it?
Options
Galaxy S21
Ya that's true!!!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Just take a photo or a video with the main camera app and upload from there!!
0 Likes
JoonBin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
U dont get it... We need the effects, the filters the music and we cant do that with just the stock camera app.. and I remembered before, Samsung had an Instagram mode. .... how hard could it be for them to have a Tiktok mode. Snap mode and bring back the instagram mode or fb mode how hard could it be!!! We know that some of these apps will never optimize for samsung so samsung shoukd adapt to these apps instead so people can enjoy the convenience....
Options
Galaxy S21
That's true
0 Likes
JoonBin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Also... Whats the point of having the directors mode, portrait video mode etc modes that they have bixby mode ar mode.. their not even that essential nor near usefull to begin with.. Id rather have those App Modes than those
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I understand your frustration but here's another perspective. None of what you're asking for is important or useful to me.  Everybody uses their phones differently.  I do use Directors Mode so that's important to me and I upload photo's and video to both FB and Instagram and I don't see any loss in quality.

Apparently user surveys did not bubble those features to the top of the list.

Your best bet would be to go into the Samsung Members app and submit an error report asking for these features.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
JoonBin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I personally think that people dobt really care about the user surveys at all.. also Im talking about directly posting from the app itself such as tiktok, instagram, twitter fb... not from the stock camera app... the Camera app is brilliant no questions about it but for those specific apps which MOST people nowadays use for communication, video chat calls, sharing content online... its very essential and important nowadays... might not be for you.. but for MOST people nowadays It Is BIG DEAL to have a great app Camera Quality Optimization and adding more stuff than POLISHING what Needs to be POLISHED? Like they keep adding stuff (which is not bad as long as they would also Polish certain things and glitches within the phone ... and one of that is the Optimization of apps which is really bad..not just from there but during Video calls, you cant even change lenses if you want it to be just the normal lens... its automatically on Ultra wide which makes the experience so bad... and there isnt even a designated switch where you can choose what camera lens to use for a call.... and for the same Price Range or even liwer price range, Although Iphone 12 cannot beat S21 ultras Camera sensors and lenses but it beats S21 uktras Software in every angle... you might not be a tech junkie or u might just not really care but theres a big gap between apple and Samsungs software and Apple definitely nails it... and what Im saying is.. instead of adding more features year by year by year... (which I dont really hate) why not Polish the base first until its solid... and no offense but theyre claiming to be the BEST but they cant even handle a very very simple issue just like this.... If they cant even give the users a convenient experience, then what even is the purpose of their existence?
0 Likes