Original topic:

S21 Ultra unresponsive touch screen / no help from Warranty dept...

(Topic created on: 4/21/21 5:04 PM)
user7kT8zkfEKt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My S21 Ultra touch screen is randomly unresponsive. Sometimes it just a few seconds other times for minutes. Tried all the usual steps but nothing is working. I sent it back to Samsung for warranty repair but as expected they did absolutely nothing and just sent it back without repairing it. Apparently I'm making it up... Terrible experience by the way.

No screen protector, tried factory resetting it, enabled touch sensitivity, updated to the latest software, never been dropped, perfect condition, didn't get wet, etc. Anyone have advice what to try next?

4 Replies
NikolaGibsNolub
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you checked app permissions and also checked what apps are going in the background? Getting an app like ccleaner helps. will actually boost your device as well as clean of caches and histories. I would check your app permissions too. Then you can check your system resources ie your physical and virtual memories, and storage. I would get rid of apps that you don't use anymore. May help. Gl
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

submit an error report via samsung members when the issue happens again. have you tried it in the safe mode? 

0 Likes
Jamojr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Mine was doing the same, I was getting frustrated. While waiting I started playing with this ridge on the side of my phone, I was like what is that. Too tiny to pull with my fingers, so I gripped it with a pair of tweezers and it was a plastic cover around the edge of the phone. I believe this caused the phone to overheat, and now my keyboard doesn't freeze.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Please note US variants of the S21 series do not come with a pre-installed screen protector other than the flimsy scratch shield during shipping. If you have installed a new screen protector, you may want to verify it's installed correctly or compatible with your model as using the wrong type or having installed incorrectly can cause screen touch issues. Typically a "No defect Found" response from the service center means the issue was not happening at the time and any issue must be replicable in order to be fixed in service repairs. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes