Original topic:

S21 Ultra voicemail icon won't go away

(Topic created on: 2/3/21 9:23 AM)
Gboy614
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I've tried perivous fixes in other threads for prievous phones and hasn't worked. I've tried clearing the cache and data, and I've tried the voicemail pin method. 

Is there another way I can remove this annoying icon? Thanks.

11 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
in notifications
0 Likes
Gboy614
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
yeah
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

have you checked the new voicemail that's in the inbox? 

0 Likes
Gboy614
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
yes
0 Likes
userdSkhBn4dyG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same issue just got this phone yesterday and immediately after I transferred my stuff from my old phone over the icon popped up and I have no new messages
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I would try wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Also, as voicemail is a carrier feature, I would recommend reaching out to your carrier to see if there is a voicemail stuck in their system for your account.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

are you trying to remove voicemail app?

0 Likes
userGvBf8Xnxwd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same issue. I recently switched from Sprint to T-Mobile when they had me upgrade after the merger. I have tried everything. I have no voicemails, I have logged into the stock app and changed my pin, left myself a voicemail and deleted it, and read every thread I feel. I have gone to the phone app and cleared the storage. It seems I have two in system apps, but only one in the actual app folder. That is the only one I am able to clear. I'm not sure if one came over when they switched my phone?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you asked your carrier if the voicemail could be stuck from your previous line with Sprint?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes