Original topic:

S21 and texting issues

(Topic created: 04-26-2021 11:08 AM)
ckimmel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I consistently experience issues with either me sending texts and more regularly issues when receiving texts.  Often, I'll have texts 'batched' up and then I receive a slew of them at a time.  It's actually not just limited to sms texts and also happens at times with Microsoft Teams chats notifications.  I have texts that don't get received for many hours or not at all.  I've gone to Verizon and changed my sim card but that doesn't seem to have helped.  Any help here?  This is very irritating.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Try clearing the message app's cache: device settings>apps>messages>storage>clear cache/data>soft reset (power phone off, wait several seconds, power back on).
0 Likes
ckimmel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Yea, I've done this multiple times.  Always seems to come back.

0 Likes
ckimmel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This is so annoying.  I've had iPhone users tell me they can't text to a group of all iPhone users and myself because of my phone.  I've had multiple people tell me this.  I'm very close to ditching this phone and going to a darn iPhone because of this.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@ckimmel 

You probably know this but the iPhone users need to go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage, Send as SMS, and/or MMS Messaging is turned on.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

Report the issue to Samsung using Samsung Members app so they can look into it.

0 Likes