Original topic:

S21+ did July Update & would not power on when I rebooted. Anybody else?

(Topic created: 07-07-2021 11:43 PM)
Mobley
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Just hoping somebody else has gone through this and can help me fix it, before I get in to it this happened while sitting at home just after the latest major software update when I powered my phone off after. The phone was 100% fine before hand, has about half a battery left & there was no damage or cause to the phone that would have caused a hardware issue to trigger this situation. So I'm trying to avoid jumping the gun & mailing it in to Samsung for a service request because there are no local support locations near me.

I did the latest Android Update for my S21+ in the late evening of 07/07/202. I was then going to optimize my apps in Galaxy Labs (Good Guardians) like you are supposed to do after a software update, but before that I powered off the phone so I could get to the boot loader via holding in Power+Volume Down but the phone would not come back on at all not doing that, not when I tried most holding on Power, not even when I plugged the charge cord in, nothing happened at all. I thought it wasn't even recognizing it was on charge but when I placed it on my Samsung Wireless Charge Pad the red charging light (ON THE PAD) comes on so it is recognizing the Qii charging in my phone even though the phone doesn't show it is being charged even though it's (luckily) being recognized by wireless charging pads which is the only good thread I have to hang on to that this can be fixed like most things online say about similar situations. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I find online such as soft reset with Power+Vol Down (doesn't work), plugging in to charge cord (doesn't work), making sure the side button are NOT sticking at all, tapping around on the front and back to ensure nothing is loose etc. & nothing, it was completely random this happening and was immediately after the update finished but I'm not sure if it's related to that or just a weird coincidence. Has anybody else had this happen at all? Or even heard of something similar? 
4 Replies
user0ndPfkyz7w
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I was just about to install the update. I think I will wait now
0 Likes
juice420
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I installed the new update on both of my Samsung galaxy s21 ultra 5g with no problems it took the laggy away june one
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

have you tried to connect to the PC? take it to nearest service center (ubreakifix or samsung care store)

0 Likes
SonJes
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi. This just happened to me as well a couple of minutes ago. I have tried troubleshooting, pressing down the volume button and start button at the same time but the screen won't turn on. I know the phone is on because without any charging occurring, it's getting hot.
0 Likes