Original topic:

S21 does not disconnect from car after call ends

(Topic created: 06-17-2022 12:43 PM)
user7wFOIgM5ph
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

when I make or receive a call via bluetooth in my Toyota, and either I or the caller hangs up, the phone keeps saying I am communicating. I have to turn the phone or car off to make it disconnect.

13 Replies
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

have you tried to unpair and pair again? 

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
userRnjWrHSh7r
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
This doesn't work. Tried multiple times.
0 Likes
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
The most recent update...2 days ago I did it...seems to have fixed it.
0 Likes
Members_4zIBukj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Did you find a fix for this issue? Mine started after the May update. My car was at the dealership for 7 hours and after trying 8 other phones, my S21 Ultra is the only one that would do this, I then went to Verizon, they replaced the phone and that did not help, contacted Samsung ( worst 2 days of my life dealing with Samsung), back to Verizon after Samsung rep said " it's not her problem". I am at my wits end with this because I work remotely and while driving I can only answer one call through car and after that it only allows me to answer directly through the phone and not handsfree because it's stuck on call in progress or dialing until you turn the car off and back on. Praying someone can help me.

0 Likes
useraPjA3kQFNP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

have the same problem from day 1 that i got my new rav4 in 05.2022

this is Samsung support answer:

Phone didn't answer it because phone didn't have any RFCOMM credits.
RFCOMM credits should be given by remote device, in case of this problem, vehicle.
As a result, Vehicle did not receive answer to CLCC and vehicle seemed to disconnect HFP connection because of it.
So I think that vehicle manufacturer needs to check why it didn't give RFCOMM credit to phone

The problem still persists
The only solution is to close and restart the Bluetooth on the phone
Very annoying and not safe either

0 Likes
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have found holding the volume button depressed does clear it. Sort of a soft reboot.

Takes less time and effort than restarting phone or car.

But you're prolly dead in the water in answering a 2nd call if it comes in with 1st in process, ya know, like really using your phone.

I've got 4 of these s21 suckers in my family. Not too happy about this.
0 Likes
DjParnar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Gosh same problem for me. Been happening for months. No change even when I can hard wired to Android auto via the car infotainment system.
0 Likes
userzCTvp6BJZJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same problem ! SAMSUNG **bleep**?!
0 Likes
userRnjWrHSh7r
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having the same exact problem since May. After a call is made in my car I can't hang up the call. The screen says connection failed and shows as if the call is still going on the screen but not on my phone itself. I can make other calls from my phone but they're not through the car's bluetooth. I live in Illinois with a law that requires hands free while driving and now that's not possible in my car. This is very dangerous for myself and others drivers. It MUST be fixed immediately. I know it's a phone problem and not the car. I had my car looked at multiple times. Why isn't Samsung taking this more seriously and fixing it? My phone was fine until May and I've had it over a year. I demand answers NOW!
0 Likes