JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 fast wireless charging problem

(Topic created: 02-15-2021 11:25 PM)
Ayzw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So after a quick google search it appears my s21 ultra will not fast wireless charge using a non Samsung charger like the big that was reported with the s20. It'll start fast charging when first put on the pad and after 5 or so seconds it reverts back to normal wireless charging. Anyone else have this issue? I have uploaded a video and my logs using Samsung members but yet to have a response on that yet. 

81 Replies
Petpower
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same issue here, lost wireless fast charging after the last update on my s21 ultra.

Getting more and more reasons to just switch to Iphone on the next upgrade.

At least then I know what I´m getting, here it´s more random.

While I´m at it, the fingerprint reader is still not good.

Brad_K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Hopefully with the complaints they get the fast charging over wireless backup and working as it used to. I use my thumb for the fingerprint reader and there is a little tip I learned off of a guy on YouTube. If you use your thumb, alternate thumbs every time it asks you to continue to register so it'll recognize either the left or right thumb. One more thing is if you do just use your thumb then add a second fingerprint and use your thumbs again for the second fingerprint. What I do is press my thumb twice and then switch to my other thumb and do it twice while alternating different angles until the scan is complete. So basically it gives better scanning abilities since you register to fingerprints from the same finger or fingers IE thumbs. Try that and let me know if it improves.

plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

what is your software version?

settings - about - software info - baseband ver

also, what is your wireless charger brand??

thanks

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

In both wired and wireless charging, my phone will display either fast or super fast on the lock screen for a few seconds and then just charging but if I go to battery settings it properly shows the charging type. and at no time does the time left estimation change when the charging type disappears, which it should if the charging type was actually changing.   Wired and wireless charging are Samsung PD products.  My phone s/w is up to date.

Screenshot_20210219-145040_Device care.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Brad_K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I just checked doing it the same way your checking and it does show fast charging wirelessly but 5 seconds later it changes to just(wirelessly charging)

What gives? Phone is up to date, charger worked before feb security update.. I checked using a few divverent cables 3.0 and no difference.

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Maybe it's a bug that only happens with non Samsung chargers.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Brad_K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Verified, the Volo charger is kicking out fast wireless charging.. It cost me $40 bucks to buy a Samsung charging pad and now it works.. Im happy it works but also a little upset as Samsung for pulling this stunt.. Maybe they'll sort it out and maybe not but I hope  they read this because that isn't cool.. If the charger is QI certified then why must we NOW be forced to strictly buy over priced chargers?

Also note I went to the Telus store and the rep pulled out his Galaxy S20 FE and it did the same exact thing. Would fast charge then 5-6 seconds later it kicked off fast wireless like my phone does..

sorry for the rant but at least its solved.

0 Likes
userWZMB1vikvd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I see this bug with non-Samsung and Samsung chargers as of March 19th. Same behavior regardless. Seems like a software bug now, possibly introduced in the 1st part of February.
0 Likes
Nandakisore98
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello, I just got my s21 ultra and my existing fast wireless charger that works completely with my s10 is no longer accepting fast charge, it will show fast charge and switch back to normal wireless charging in 5 sec. Is there something worth with the phone? 
I am using the adaptive fast charging plug, the charger used to fast charge wirelessly before on my s10. .
Please help 
0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

is it 3rd part wireless charger?

samsung changed policy about wireless charging last year. Only the certified 3rd party wireless charger will fast charge, so s10 would work fine but s20, n20, or s21 might not work.