JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 fast wireless charging problem

(Topic created: 03-15-2021 03:49 PM)
Ayzw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So after a quick google search it appears my s21 ultra will not fast wireless charge using a non Samsung charger like the big that was reported with the s20. It'll start fast charging when first put on the pad and after 5 or so seconds it reverts back to normal wireless charging. Anyone else have this issue? I have uploaded a video and my logs using Samsung members but yet to have a response on that yet. 

81 Replies
karenr
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
my phone fast charge when it's on the regular charger. I use the block a Samsung block with fast charging on it
0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

This Is my Samsung Wireless Duo charger, it says fast charge 2.0 on the phone side and fast charge on the watch side, and I'm using an official Samsung cable and the Samsung adaptive fast charging brickThis Is my Samsung Wireless Duo charger, it says fast charge 2.0 on the phone side and fast charge on the watch side, and I'm using an official Samsung cable and the Samsung adaptive fast charging brickAnd you can see in this picture when I wake my phone, it states fast wireless charging with how long until full charge. But it only says fast charging when my screen is awake.And you can see in this picture when I wake my phone, it states fast wireless charging with how long until full charge. But it only says fast charging when my screen is awake.Here's what I have. I have the Samsung wireless duo with the adaptive fast charging brick, with a Samsung charging cable.

It only shows fast wireless charging when I wake up my screen, otherwise when my screen is off, it only shows the time it will take until fully charged and the current battery percentage. 

0 Likes
userwcLDaxYX6E
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the exactly same charger and brick and it indeed gives that fast loader message for a few seconds, after that I get the message that's not the correct loader and it reverts to standard wireless charging, same with my other charger without the watch  charger. All have the original  European Samsung fast charger, this double on has an even bigger Samsung charger, original cables to. No wireless fast charging unfortunately.

0 Likes
userovbXVCZvmw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

So how about you give an official statement? Is Samsung restricting us to only their brand of wireless chargers?

Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

wired fast charging and wireless fast charging are 2 different things under different settings in your phone

0 Likes
JA0102
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I totally agree. Samsung is getting very restrictive and reducing multi product capabilities and therefore reducing value of phone.
I personally cannot return my S20, however I am inclined to move to another brand when up for renewal.
Sherrillface
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
im returning mine hope it will at least fast charge mine will only slooowwww charge this is Verizon S20 plus
0 Likes
coolkatt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Like I said this is a fast wireless charger that worked on my S9+ and on my brothers Note 9. Yes, I have fast wireless charging enabled. I am also aware that for some it is working if they have an official Samsung charger that is why this is so frustrating. In the past you did not need a Samsung wireless charger for this to work. It seems to me they are attempting to force you to buy a branded charger for no reason.

0 Likes
userwcLDaxYX6E
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same with two Samsung Quick chargers and an other brand. I remembered that they all worked fine till after an update. S21 Ultra.

0 Likes
FrankC3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung in my eyes was always well above Apple when it came to the consumer but as of Recently it's like they are following in their footsteps 😒