Original topic:

S21 glass breaks easily

(Topic created: 03-08-2021 10:33 AM)
userKu4SYwgL1K
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello all, I am new to this forum but I must share my experience with Galaxy S21 so people will not buy such a rubbish device. 

Me and my husband are using galaxy phones since 2013. I just traded my most favorite note 8 for s21 so does my husband. 

On day 8, I mistakenly dropped my phone from 2 inches... That is right 2 inches and the glass broke down. This new gorilla glass is weaker than the normal glass I would suggest every buyer to never buy this rubbish phone. 

My husband also noticed many scratches on his phone screen since he is using is without any screen protector.

We always thought samsung makes high quality phones but we are extremely disappointed with S21.... <edit>
0 Likes
11 Replies
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Bummer

It's not a "height" issue... it's the angle that it hits that determines cracking.

I've dropped mine from a height of four feet, with zero evidence of such.

BTW, Corning makes Gorilla Glass, not Samsung, so you should post at the Corning site.
0 Likes
Shuke
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It says we don't need a screen protector, but it sounds like we do for the S21. What's the best screen protector to get for this device?
usercOpGrJqpKL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
That's a really good question I have this glass fusion that was a $60 that I don't even want to put on it because it doesn't get reviewed very well or very inconsistently!
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

whitestonedome.com

usercOpGrJqpKL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
is it really a pain to put on?
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

I have not tried that particular screen protector, but there's probably multiple videos on YouTube to guide you through it. Shouldn't be too hard.

usercOpGrJqpKL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
yes I've seen the videos.. do you even use a screen protector or is there a particular one that you like best?
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Honestly I never used a screen protector before, since I have never dropped a phone in my life. However, while browsing through Amazon I came across this one and thought it's kind of cool for the privacy reason. Unfortunately it's currently unavailable, but I'm sure there's others just like this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SG8VB7N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

usercOpGrJqpKL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
well the truth is I have never broken a phone either but I have dropped them on occasion but not badly until they Fe which has the gorilla Glass 3 and I'd like to not have to put a screen protector on them that's why I wanted this phone with the gorilla glass 7 or victus whatever you want to call it and I did see an entire magnetic privacy screen protector and case in one which looked pretty cool but a lot of people didn't review it real well but I'm going to check it out anyway thanks for the input I appreciate it!
0 Likes