JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 keeps closing the last app opened?

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 07:10 AM)
Options
Galaxy S21

For at least the last month I noticed that if I had an opened app. I turned off the phone for seconds or minutes. When I look at the phone the app is gone and also is even gone from the recent app screen.

One very common app is the camera or gallery app. Say I take a picture or find a picture in the gallery. I turn off the screen and go to show someone, but by the time I get there the camera or gallery is gone so I have to open it and find the said picture again.

It does not always happen right away, but after a few minutes the last app just seems to go away. Also this seems to only affect the last or currently open app. Other apps do remain in the list.

I do not see any indications of crashes for the app, it just seems to disappear.

10 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21

I have confirmed that the workaround is still effective for installed and system apps. I also found that it works on similarly affected older phones (S10) the same way. The issue did not exists several months ago, but have no idea how to have a true fix without a workaround.

0 Likes