Original topic:

S21 keyboard calibration ??

(Topic created: 12-05-2021 09:48 PM)
dreis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've had my S21 since March. I don't think this issue was present at the beginning but it has been an issue for a while now. MANY times when I type, I end up with numbers instead of letters when aiming for letters in the top row. I figure it's my problem and I really try to type lower but it still happens a lot! Is there a way to recalibrate the keyboard to my touch patterns?

(Auto correct can't figure out what to do with letter/number combinations, lol.)

I am using the default Samsung keyboard.
0 Likes
10 Replies
1suprem0
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Just adjust the size of the keyboard. If you make it smaller the keyboard would be like iphones. Just letters no numbers.
dreis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I adjusted the size. I hope that helps. I don't think I'd want to remove the numbers just yet. Thank you!
Jimholley1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having a similar issue with touch points needing hit just in the right spot. Mine is especially so above my space bar, and near the "back" button
0 Likes
Jimholley1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Any additional information on your keyboard issue?
I ask, as I was HAVING to use Gboard on my Note5. Samsung KB would NOT WORK, PERIOD! Now as I use the phones board I have programs lock up and have had MANY long important typed things just disappear as I'm STILL typing. I'm fearing the Samsung keyboard itself has a bug, and Samsung has yet to find a way to work it out.
I read much info, and all phones suffered, but in the area of all things "Note" EVEN SAMSUNG admitted a problem, suggesting uninstall, reinstall (which you actually physically couldn't) or try using a different keyboard.
Their words!
0 Likes
dreis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you. I still have problems, but it doesn't seem as much. That could be, however, because I've gotten more used to it. Those details will help me get to looking at other keyboards. Thanks again.
0 Likes
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Enlarge the keyboard.

My hubby and I prefer GBoard ... I suggest you try that ...
dreis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried to switch to that once and stopped when it said it might collect entries such as account numbers and passwords. Am I just being paranoid?
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
... r o n g
0 Likes
Jimholley1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
He's not totally wrong, ANYTHING Gmail/Google related does this as there are things that they can legally do and not have to billboard advertise it, as long as it's some fine print. ANYTHING involving something of any personal/ private nature they have to warn in print for you to see specifically i.e. monitoring your keystrokes. I had to use it on my Note, even Samsung admitted that if their recommended fix wouldn't work "you may have to use a different keyboard"
0 Likes