Original topic:

S21 mobile network connectivity issues

(Topic created: 09-04-2021 05:46 AM)
kenneth l
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi There.

Had my S21 ultra from start of this year. 

Must say it is NOT a very good experience for about 2000 usd.

few month after I godt it I had problems with cell / mobile network connectivity. 

Spoke with Samsung support here in DK. Very helpfull and all. But after three factory reset I contacted their service center in DK and they got it in for repair.

From the repair list they changed most of the inside of the phone. 

Now it is doing the same again. Have to different sim card in the phone. Cannot connect to mobile network. Have changed the sim card, been around my carriers store. Same problem. No connection. Putting the sim cards in my Samsung S71. No problem. And ther are the same apps on my S71 as on the S21.

I asked Samsung support for an exchange phone and the same at Mentech (Samsung service center in DK). Samsung support said that Mentech should decide, Mentech said it has to be at the repair shop 3 (THREE) times before getting a new one.  WHAT! 

Bottom line is I am NOT a very happy customer. First I have a very expensive phone that is not working as it should, second what about all the hours of work I have put in to dealing with this problem? Factory resetting( 4-5 times, as this is the holy gral of support), driving to service center, cell store, phone support and all the bad karma.  I think it add up to like 3-4 working days. Can I maybe sent Samsung the bill? 

I can see that there are more out there with that problem. 
Is there any solution to this or should I just ask to return my phone and get a refund? Thank good it is not a car.
Anyone with good advise or having the same happy feeling about their S21? Or how to get a refund, new phone, paid for the hours that I spend. 

Have a great day out there. 

Regards kenneth...

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bs2209
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
LOL no you can't send Samsung the bill and realistically expect them to pay it I mean you can try but it's not going to happen your best bet probably a insurance replacement unless you want to go through the whole rigmarole of constant warranty replacement but that's going to take quite a while and of course I think you even have the insurance
kenneth l
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I know I cannot send them a bill - but I really consider doing it, just for the fun.  🙂 Just needed to blow some steam. 

But bottom line is that I have a lot and lot of cell phones over the years. 
And the S21 ultra is really a cool phone, but when it is not working and for that price, I am getting af bit annoyed. 
Well I have a glass insurance on it but I don't think it has anything to do with the glas. 
But I just wonder how many other that have the same problem. I don't think I am the only one - or at least I don't hope so. 

Rigmarole... Nice word. 

0 Likes
Bs2209
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Trust me I speak from (multiple) experience and from seeing family members and friends screw with it too. (I also used to sell phones) it's an optical fingerprint reader. Not the capacitive type you get when it's built into a button. A glass(usually tempered glass) screen protector changes the way the optical fingerprint sensor (also basically known as a special camera with really sofisticated software) sees that fingerprint. Even if the fingerprint is registered with the screen protector already on the phone it will still only work at an average of a 50% reliability vs about a 10-20% reliability if the fingerprint is registered before installing said tempered glass screen protector 😅
0 Likes
Members_XwmMfgK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having the same issues with my S21 Ultra 5G. It leaves my without a signal and I can't even get AAA or other internet apps to connect, even when Roaming is on. I'm seriously looking at trading this expensive paperweight in for an Apple 13 Pro Max. I had T-Mobile and Xfinity(Verizon) and I still have mobile network failures even where the signal is strong for others. I've had 4 SIM cards and no difference in performance. I bought this direct from Samsung not that long ago and Xfinity will give me $450 for it. Taking a loss but at least I'll have a phone I can use. Very disappointed with Samsung. Has made me reconsider getting Samsung appliances to replace the old ones I have. I know after reading these stories that it isn't just me having this issue. I have an appt. with a Samsung tech tomorrow. No fix, then Apple it is, and never a Samsung phone in the future.

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I am very sorry to hear you are having poor signal with your carrier on the S21 Ultra. Just to make sure, have you tried resetting your network settings? The steps are:

Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings > confirm and tap Reset

Since service is managed entirely by the carrier, I recommend reaching out to them for assistance regarding this issue. If it is determined it is not them, the Samsung warranty would kick in, and the device would have to be sent to the country of manufacture's service center for repairs before other resolutions are considered. I apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope this helps.

0 Likes