Original topic:

S21 moisture symbol

(Topic created: 07-30-2022 12:50 PM)
babygyrl85
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I dropped my phone in a cup of water and the moisture symbol came on. I saw a drop of water come out afterwards what should I do next
0 Likes
7 Replies
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

On your phone, go to Fixmyspeakers.com, set your phone volume to max and press the icon. It'll play a sound that will push water out of your speaker. Other than that, turn it off and leave it for about 24 hours if possible.

0 Likes
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
You could also try a hair dryer on high air/low heat for a few minutes. Just don't overheat your phone.
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

You absolutely do not want to use a hair dryer. That can result in forcing the water further into the phone.

0 Likes
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I've used it on electronics before, as well as my s-pen. I understand your point however. I should add that when I get things wet, I first swing the item with the point of entry of the water facing outward, so it shakes as much water out as possible.
I've heard that a bowl of rice can be used, although I've never tried it. Keeping those little silica packets and adding them to the rice may help too.
0 Likes
roamingraven
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Take it apart and put it in rice
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
You talking about the notification? It's just letting you know there's water in the USB c. Let is dry out and the notification should go away once enough moisture has dried out.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
The Best way to Safety remove any moisture is to put your phone in a bowl of Rice ! Don't Turn your speakers on !! The Phone should dry out after a few hours
0 Likes