JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 no see read receipts

(Topic created: 02-17-2021 03:56 PM)
Members_AwFSdxQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My girlfriend just bought the S21 unlocked from best buy. We no longer see the read receipts on either end when we text each other on her phone there is no option. Can someone please tell me why what's the problem.my galaxy 9 has the option on read receipts text but how can a new phone not have that option? Also now when I send her videos the videos are now low quality and before when she had the galaxy 9 it would send video's normal?

16 Replies
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
hello,

I'm assuming you're using the Samsung messages app? if so, you can turn on the option for read receipts, and delivery receipts by opening the Samsung messages app...then tap the 3 dots on right side, then settings, then more settings, then tap on multimedia messages. There you'll find the options for Show when read, and Show when delivered. just toggle on whichever you want.
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't think that option is available for everyone.

clipboard_image_1613606825269.jpg

Members_AwFSdxQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I am not talking about the MMS im talking read receipts for regular texs.my phone the galaxy 9 has the read receipts option for regular texs BUT her s21 that we bought unlocked from best buy doesn't have that option at all. is this gonna be added on an update can you  help me please.we both have metro.i also went to a store and look at all the s21s and i did not see any option of read receipts can you tell me why? and will this be something that will be updated cause i see alot of people are complaining about the the same thing we spend alot of money for a phone now we cant have something so simple on there.and what about me sending her vidoes now ,now the quality of vidoes is low instead of just a normal vidoe.whats the reason for that? i have galaxy 9 she has s21 

0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
mms (multimedia messages) is the option you're looking for to add the read receipts option if its available on her phone. they moved the location for the option for Read Receipts on newer phones to the multimedia messages section. if you're carrier allows the read receipts on unlocked phones, you'll find the option there as I've shown in the picture in my previous reply. most text messages (sms) these days are sent as multimedia messages... if you send photos, if your messages are more than the maximum length for SMS messages, send videos, etc..they are sent as MMS not SMS.
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Should be available to them, it's a carrier thing and if it was available on her old phone, should be available. I have Note 20 Ultra and it's available...

Screenshot_20210217-191443_Messages.jpg

MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Right, but they bought the phone unlocked, so it doesn't have the carrier firmware on it. Happened to me as well. I had a S10+ through AT&T and everything worked fine. Got the S21 Ultra unlocked and it doesn't give us the option.

Members_AwFSdxQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

We bought he phone unlocked we still have metro. is the read receipts is she ever gonna get that in the future?

Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
My phone is unlocked, I purchased directly from Samsung, but my carrier, Tmobile, allows RCS for Samsung messages. AT&T is one of the only carriers that restricts it on unlocked phones. But being they just allowed WiFi calling for unlocked phones, hoping they will also allow the RCS chat features sometime soon.
cc7755
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have one from verizon and it doesnt give me the show me when read option on show when delivered.