JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 no see read receipts

(Topic created: 02-17-2021 02:58 PM)
Members_AwFSdxQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My girlfriend just bought the S21 unlocked from best buy. We no longer see the read receipts on either end when we text each other on her phone there is no option. Can someone please tell me why what's the problem.my galaxy 9 has the option on read receipts text but how can a new phone not have that option? Also now when I send her videos the videos are now low quality and before when she had the galaxy 9 it would send video's normal?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
16 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a Verizon Ultra and I get Delivery receipts but have yet to get a read or typing notice.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Trellis78
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have T-mobile and I used to get read receipt but recently for the past 2 weeks I only get delivered. 🤦🏾‍:female_sign:
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance and to confirm they allow chat features on unlocked devices.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

abling3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I cannot find where to turn the read receipts off or on on my Samsung s21+ at all anywhere. I've looked everywhere that I've been told or Google and cannot find it. It's not under messages, advanced, multimedia or anything! Any suggestions 🤔
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21
If you use Samsung Messages it's in the app under settings->chat settings
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
abling3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
There is nothing under there that says chat settings
Solution
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Go to Settings->Apps->Samsung Messages->Storage-> and delete the data.

Now restart Samsung Messages and right up front it should ask you if you want to use advanced messaging or something like that.  Select Yes and finish initializing the Messages app.

If your carrier supports ECS you should now find the setting as I described above

Bill
---