JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 not receiving updates

(Topic created: 12-23-2023 10:17 PM)
kehanopni
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My S21 is still stuck on Android 12 and One UI 4.0 and the security patch is from February 2022. When I try to update it says that I have the latest version. Trying to update through Smart Switch on the PC says the same thing.

I'm wondering if this is because my phone's CSC is XAA - which is USA - while I am in the UK using an O2 sim. My phone's model is SM-G991U.

Is there any way to fix this? Is flashing the firmware my only option? If so, where do I find this firmware? I'm not worried about warranty, I got the phone from eBay (yeah, i probably deserve these problems for buying a phone off of eBay lol)

Other than not receiving updates, everything else works fine. I can call, text, use Google Pay etc.

4 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
I suggest posting this topic in the UK Samsung Community. They are both in your time zone and are familiar with the specifics of carrier services/updates in your region. You might also want to contact your carrier directly.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/english/ct-p/uk?page=1&tab=setting:samsung.featured_topics
Lamar4308
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Please any solution to this 🙏 

Me too I have the same problem 😕 

0 Likes
D3LUTION
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I also have the same  problem. My device model is SM-G991U but I live in ghana

DrJay07
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My S21 Ultra is facing similar issues, my company kicked my device out of its network because the minimum security patch level needed is March 2023 whilst mine is still stuck in February 2023. I have done everything I could to update to no avail including visiting Samsung service center in Lagos, Nigeria where I live. My device was bought from ebay US

0 Likes