JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 plus not connecting to Wi-Fi public hotspot and other issues

(Topic created: 03-13-2021 06:29 AM)
FREECOUNTRY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Since the day after I traded in my Galaxy A50 to upgrade to my brand new out of the box Galaxy S21 Plus, I've been dealing with multiple issues beginning with inability to connect to Wi-Fi public Hotspot which I use for everything in my place for past nine years and no check issues even if I have several devices connected. the s21+ wouldn't even see the xfinitywifi broadcast like my other devices do, then it would see it and attempt connection only to get authentication errors. everyone I've ever talked to about wifi issues are robots that all say reboot your modem. I DON'T HAVE A MODEM because I use public Hotspot. sorry for yelling, my blood pressure rises thinking about this. anyway tech says factory data reset (I knew better), but I did it anyway, then it gets worse, lost contacts, important apps from my employer, important vm's, because my ringer refused to operate even, volume was erratically adjusting itself hi low hi low anytime I attempt blue tooth connection, then my messaging app would race my pandora app upon blue tooth connecting as well I would win that by fighting both apps but still my messaging app would stay on simultaneously with pandora. my s21+ I got brand new unopened $1k on payment plan. Verizon said too late for warranty is only good for 14 days after purchase. keep telling these people my issues began on day one and on day three I finally had time to call support the first time. the store I bought it from (go wireless), tried very hard to help fix it but they only knew what settings to check but they were all correctly set. magically they were able to get my ringer to work and called me a couple times while I was there to test. after I get home, my ringer magically would not work once again. since Verizon was trying to rip me off by telling me they can only replace the s21+ under their 14 day warranty with a certified pre-owned s21+ but at that time, it was beyond the 14 day warranty period. I so I got high blood pressure and said NOPE I will be receiving a brand new phone because that's what I am paying for, I did not purchase a pre-owned anything, so let me talk to whoever is in charge of making that happen. team leader put me on hold until his management went home for the day, he checked couple times to see if I was still holding (better believe I was), last time he asked I told him I'm calling Samsung direct then he tried arguing with me as I hung up. Samsung warranty is good for up to one year as is typical for anything aside from landscaping. well they want me to send my phone away with me paying postage and having no other phone, but they will fix it when it arrives in Texas?? why can I not just get a replacement from the store I purchased it from?? Samsung answer because it's most likely a software issue, if it is then it has to go to Google because they are the one's who developed the software. <edit> anybody have any clue how to fix this?? I'm thinking a 20lb. sledge, torch maybe, brick and the river?? but then I'm out $1k for a phone that never worked right out of the box. 

8 Replies
TheGalaxy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
what is the firmware version?
0 Likes
FREECOUNTRY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
it's REV1.0
0 Likes
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
At what distance is the Hotspot?
On premise or a a public location near your home?

Running the messenging app and Pandora simultaneously shouldn't be an issue.

Volume issue seems maybe a hardware problem with the Volume buttons?

I'd start by booting into Maintenance mode screen and select Clear Cache Partition, then boot back into phone.

You've mentioned Verizon, so I assume the phone is not an Unlocked Device (?)
0 Likes
FREECOUNTRY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
1. distance to the Hotspot never changes and my laptop, firestick, Xbox one s, and a stylo 4 without service all have steady connections, so no reason a $1k phone should have issues.
2. I don't want to fight over the messaging app or pandora opening when all I want is to listen to my pandora stations through my car speakers using Bluetooth.
3. it doesn't seem like volume issue is hardware related, but who knows at this point.
4. I've cleared cache partition in bootloader didn't work.

also a tech had me factory reset, which also did not work
0 Likes
FREECOUNTRY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
as far as I know, it's not unlocked
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

The 14 days is the return window not the warranty period.  You phone is still under warranty.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
FREECOUNTRY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
these issues started on day one, not past 14 days, they did nothing to acknowledge that fact.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Regretfully, as all of the troubleshooting has been performed on the phone, the next step would be to have the phone serviced. Samsung's warranty covers repairs for manufacture defects for one year and covers the cost of shipping to and from the service center within the United States. To set up a service repair in the U.S., you can call customer support at 1-800-786-7864 or send a private message with the full model code and the IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

For assistance outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes