Original topic:

S21 screen turns off 30 sec when using speaker phone

(Topic created on: 4/6/21 12:28 PM)
Denp456789
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I want my screen to remain on during a call when speaker phone mode is being used. My Galaxy S8 did this. 

I have set my screen timeout to 10 min. I have turned on " keep screen on while viewing" setting. Phone still goes blank when I put phone on desk and am looking at my PC while on a call. 

Is there any other setting to prevent 30 sec screen turn off in this situation?
0 Likes
2 Replies
CeusRules
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
If any android device is acting weird, most probably by the version update something went wrong, if Patch does not work with your settings. Samsung fixes those issues faster than anyone but not your career patches do the same. Additionally, if you transferred your phone settings from your old Android phone, you have to compare everything side by side before resetting that old phone. Personally, I suggest to make an offline backup of your root/0/SD/Android/Data or your Android/Data folder [it looks empty in the phone but not in your pc. Some genius in Google thought that it was a great idea to hide to protect the root] in to your pc and keep it somewhere safe for future references if you need one. There are some steps you can try. First of all, check it if any sorts of power savings or developer option is ‘on’ for display or phone options. Other than that you can try to clear cache under the storage option. Worst case with careful touch, you can clear app data and settings from the same place under individual apps storage option under the settings. Do not clear all storage settings accidentally, as always try one app at the time. As usual before you do anything backup at least your Samsung and Google settings if any of your career settings too. You can find all of those under accounts and backups. Always be careful and cautious dealing with resets. As usual always be cautious of following any suggestions including this one for your own discretion. And always do backups for lesser headaches. I hope this helps.
Be safe and healthy everyone.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Denp456789 

This has been a "feature" since at least the Note 8. Unfortunately there is no way to toggle the feature. I have been waiting for a toggle as the phone generations click by but so far there is no ability to turn this off. 

0 Likes