Original topic:

S21 ultra 512gb STILL continues to drop wifi

(Topic created: 09-12-2021 07:00 PM)
brunothesheep
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have read countless of statements of phones continually disconnecting from wifi. Mine will do it randomly throughout the day, definitely at some point overnight and simply will NOT auto reconnect if I leave the house and come back home or when I wake the phone up first thing in the am.

My router is a Linksys wifi 6 router and most people seem to have issues with the same type of routers. (Wifi 6 that is)
Mind you, I work for a wireless carrier and troubleshoot phones on a daily basis. 
Network settings have been reset. 
Factory reset had been performed (could have possibly been a setting not transferring correctly via smart switch, so wanted to rule that out).
I'm not in power saving mode, I have auto reconnect turned on.

I could have sworn quite some time ago that Samsung was aware that this was an issue and a fix was supposed to be in the works. 

7 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
After factory reset, did you use smart switch again?
0 Likes
brunothesheep
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Nope, that would have defeated the purpose..plus by that time I had already traded in my Note10+. I had no backup.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
In that case I would say it is defective. Does it drop any wifi connections?
0 Likes
brunothesheep
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Wouldn't know, I don't use wifi long enough anywhere else to notice. Unless I'm home I'm simply on my data via my carrier.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
You have to systematically proceed to correctly diagnose the issue.
Connect to other wifi networks to see if the same thing happens.
Also connect other devices to your router to test the connecting.
Further, you can reset your router or even setup another router.
You just want to make sure the phone is defective before you send it back.
0 Likes
brunothesheep
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Oh I know..Iike I said, I do this for a living. It's upsetting, my Note10+ had a camera issue, I have a dryer that failed after 6 weeks, a brand new tablet I've had less than a week that won't pair with the s-pen. I haven't been very lucky with Samsung products this past year. 😭
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
I see
0 Likes