Original topic:

S21 ultra 5g 1x camera auto focus issue.

(Topic created: 04-24-2021 03:49 PM)
userKLzDnrqS41
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
So I'm on vacation in Arizona and was trying to take photos at the grand canyon. Normal 1x camera is stuck won't focus, pictures come out blurry. All other camera lenses work great. What is the problem, spent a lot of money on this phone for the camera and when I need it, it doesn't work. Examples below. 

1x blurry won't focus

.6 clear.

14 Replies
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

is this happening all the time? have you tried to focus by manually tapping the screen? maybe it auto-focused background with 1x. 

submit an error report via samsung members with images attached. 

0 Likes
userKLzDnrqS41
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, it has been happen for the past 2 weeks. Only way I've found to fix it is going into pro camera. Manually adjusting the focus, then the 1x auto focus works. Yes, I've tried tapping the screen to auto focus. I already submitted picture were you can see it won't focus.
userl68KctQRwz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same problem here! All photos from 1x camera are blurry and I can't focus it. All other sensors are working fine. Sometimes the auto focus suddenly snaps on. But if you exit the app and reenter it the issues reappear. Already did a system wipe but that didn't help. Probably have to send it back

MountainTaffy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I am on my second S21 in a matter of 4 weeks. Both experience the same problems as the OP and yourself. 

I am concerned that this phone (software) is garbage...

The Verizon Rep couldn't believe it when I showed photos, and then when we tested it in the store it was doing the same as what the OP is showing.

Crazy for $1200 it can't even focus

Have you all experienced the oversaturation of photos?

userKLzDnrqS41
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Has Samsung said anything about this yet to anyone. My carrier will swop me out but it's a pain to transfer phone and long into everything again. Would be nice if they fixed the software.
0 Likes
userbrboLC1Evp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same issue here. It was fine for the first month then suddenly the issue came. I suspect it's due to software update

userbrboLC1Evp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Exactly the same, only works on the first 2 months

Alexyie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

same issue here with main camera (1x) result in blurry image if object distance more than 2 meter. all other camera doesn't have this auto focus issue.

Also with main camera if object distance is near the auto focus works as it should be

vic2631
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same problem here the only way I found is to bump my the side of my cell with my hand .