Original topic:

S21 ultra camera autofocus 1x zoom issue

(Topic created: 07-30-2021 12:38 PM)
user3C1PaY9T9n
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Exactly this is the same issue i am facing from past 15 days i was thinking that i did something wrong to my phone waited for software update but no changes. I am working as a Dr the awkward moment for me was yesterday after OT were 1 Dr asked me to click pictures of Team as he was very excited by seeing s21 ultra in my hand i just opened the main camera and it was totally blur and his line were My IPHONE X click better pictures than yours, it broke my heart i am using Samsung since Samsung galaxy S4 this time Samsung has disappointed me a lot srsly planning to change the flagship and company both. More than 1200 Dollars wasted.

9 Replies
losangelesgraff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I totally feel you on that. I'm in the same boat.

I've had multiple issues. Recently I've been trying to take pictures of snails and the auto focus isn't working properly. I'm assuming I need to cleam the lens but I don't want to scratch it up. So I'm waiting to buy a micro fiber kit just for the camera lenses.
0 Likes
Smew
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

What software version is your S21 on? (Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number [last 4 characters])

How does manual focus work for you? 

0 Likes
losangelesgraff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Aufd. How do you use manual focus?
0 Likes
losangelesgraff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Snail shot20210730_090212_143.jpg
0 Likes
Smew
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

nice snail shot, for the focus issue try zooming / and using 9:16 aspect ratio does that help focus?

0 Likes
losangelesgraff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes I've noticed you have to use the buttons to change lense distance too. 20210802_085855_306.jpg
0 Likes
losangelesgraff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
How can I make it not blur the back ground in a close up shot like the straw wrapper
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@losangelesgraff If one had a DSLR you would stop down the lens to increase Depth Of Field (DOF) but the lenses on the S21 are fixed aperture.  What I see in the straw photo is a desirable DOF for many shots.  Try changing lenses since each has a different aperture and DOF and see if that achieves what you want. 

The wider the aperture (lower the F number) the more shallow the Depth Of Field

Camera S21 Ultra
Rear - Wide 108MP(PD) OIS F1.8 83˚(24mm) 1/1.33” 0.8㎛
Rear - Tele1 10MP(3x, 2PD) OIS F2.4 35˚(72mm) 1/3.24” 1.22㎛
Rear - Tele2 10MP(10x, 2PD) OIS F4.9 10˚(240mm) 1/3.24” 1.22㎛

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
losangelesgraff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I found cleaning your lens with micro fiber works
0 Likes