Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Hello, I understand how frustrating it is to not be able to use portrait mode when using the camera of the phone. This is happening because of an incompatibility with the Instagram application. To correct the camera behavior, it is necessary to uninstall the Instagram application until a new version has been released by Meta (Facebook).
Samsung recommends keeping all device software, including both the operating system and user-installed applications, up to date for optimal device performance
1. Navigate on the impacted device to Settings> Apps
2. Scroll to find Instagram in the application list and tap on Instagram
3. Tap the Uninstall button to uninstall the application
4. Click OK to confirm uninstall
5. Powercycle (reboot) the device by turning it off then back on again
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.