Original topic:

S21 ultra issues and thoughts

(Topic created: 11-30-2021 05:32 PM)
John945
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm sure samsung will try and take this down but, currently I'm not satisfied 6months of owning this phone I feel like the s10+ is way better. Except battery life. My thoughts of this s21 ultra, I feel like they over hyped it cut corners on product quality and don't care to fix it. Ever since the may security update the 1x camera on my phone has lost its focus I can't manually focus it anymore sometimes I'd have to smack my phone for it to work which is crazy, here I am slapping a 1.2k phone to use the camera properly for 3seconds, I've missed special moments because my camera doesn't focus anymore, now you might say hey maybe it's just you, indeed I thought it was just me but nope come to find out alot of people are having the same problem and all Samsung did was delete the post and carried on like nothing happened (they pulled an apple)
I was never an apple person everytime I held my mom iphone I'm just like wow this is trash. Anyways next up freezing, not sure why but this phone stutters time to time and I'm not the type of person to watch questionable videos or look up weird things, and I don't download fake apps, just take pictures post look at my bank check my stocks and watch YouTube and that's it and it just freezes can't be low on ram storage ecauuse it's at 5.6gb out of 8.0gb and can't be my storage I still have 80gb left so I'm not sure what's going on but again I never had any problems with the s10+ and sometimes the apps on the s21 ultra would freeze and crash. So my thoughts on this phone. I shouldn't have upgraded this feels like a downgrade and again I'm not a apple fan but I'd rather the 12pro max over this or the Google pixel atleast.
25 Replies
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've written 500 plus words reply before the app crashed and I lost it.

Basically agreed to all your thoughts and I'm going through the same.

Also, as long time Samsung user, I'm appalled by the software and hardware issues on S21 Ultra and maybe its my last Samsung mobile.

There is no practical way to report and get the bugs fixed (the devs asked me to give them device logs for a million random errors I experience everyday on this device) 🤣 they expect an average user to *replicate the issue and provide detailed log/screenshot* ? SURE.

So sorry for your experience but you're not alone in this. I'm ready to move away from Samsung in an year or two for sure
0 Likes
uservEs7MPwen7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I am with you
Samsung started Stretching the dollar too much
My s9 was 1000 better with more extras and faster.sd card headphones jack health seasons on the back, stared faster downloads and installed apps faster and many more
No really a reason to stick with Samsung at this point
And the technical support is a joke.
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I agree. I think I downgraded from my S10+ when I bought this S21 Ultra 5G.

Battery life on this device and camera experience is a joke. There is practically 0 technical support once you cross that 30 day return period and now I'm stuck with a brand new $1500 product that's worse than a $400 Chinese phone. Both hardware and software experience vise.

Definitely trading this in for an iPhone in next year or two.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
What steps have you taken to correct the issues? Have you contacted Samsung for a replacement? It's really hard to take your complaint seriously...

You're ready to move away from Samsung! In a year or two... If you were truly upset you would have gotten you money back I would think.
0 Likes
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It's out of return window and I've contacted Samsung several times. I can't get it exchanged for a new device or something similar. They did not find any issue but that does not deny the fact that I experience crashes everyday. I share logs every week or so with samsung.

They asked me to take it to a highly negatively reviewed local repair shop which is samsung approved but reading horror stories on yelp I decided not to.

It doesn't matter what you believe regarding other peoples issue. That doesn't lessen them or make it better for them. Try to be less presumptuous and more considerate.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Nor did lead in that direction in any way. I lessened your comment of switching in a year or two because it looked odd. If you're so mad you would be switching right now. 🤣 I was just now trying to help john945 but, you seem to just be randomly lashing out... Perhaps I read it wrong. Settle down.
0 Likes
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
You're good no worries
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
What I was talking about is that it's weird so many people have so many issues with a $1300 -1500 phone. It's unacceptable
0 Likes
John945
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Exactly this Is a price of a laptop and I'd expect it to work as the price says, you know how weird it looks to slap my phone during the day trynna take a solid picture? Or force my self to use the 3x zoom and step back 30 feet to take a picture I was trynna take?
0 Likes