S21+ unlocked version, unable to activate on Verizon network

(Topic created: 01-28-2021 11:34 AM)
userQEV6KtaeoR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey Samsung Community,

Samsung tech support was of no help.   

• Has anybody had issues trying to activate a preordered S21+ on the Verizon network.  I use Total Wireless (Verizon reseller) and they said the IMEI wasn't compatible. I called Verizon and had them check the IMEI and they also told me the IMEI wasn't compatible.  When I checked in with Samsung, they told me the IMEI was unlocked and should work with all carriers.  
  • Should I return the S21+ and get the Verizon version thru Samsung ?   If I do that, will I need to contact Verizon to get the phone unlocked if I want to sell the phone to a private party at some point in the future ??

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userQEV6KtaeoR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Situation resolved !!   Looks like there was just a delay in getting the Samsung S21 IMEIs uploaded into the VZ systems.   Was able to activate my S21+ with Total Wireless (VZ reseller) today.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
I would return the phone !. it seems unlocked phones are more headaches than they are worth. But this is my opinion
0 Likes
Grench
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
no,Verizon want u to get it from them..Did u get a new Sim card..With t mobile they gave me a new Sim and I had to call them to activate it,easy work..
0 Likes
userQEV6KtaeoR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I haven't gotten a new sim card yet.  When I check the IMEI compatibility with Total Wireless' online tool it doesn't show the phone as being compatible so I figured ordering another sim would be a waste of time.  But on the plus side, the CheckESNFree.com site doesn't show the IMEI as failing the Verizon check anymore.  Wondering since the phone is so new, that not all of the IMEIs have been loaded into the VZ system ??

0 Likes
Solution
userQEV6KtaeoR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Situation resolved !!   Looks like there was just a delay in getting the Samsung S21 IMEIs uploaded into the VZ systems.   Was able to activate my S21+ with Total Wireless (VZ reseller) today.

View solution in context

0 Likes