Original topic:

S21 voice to text repeats words in message

(Topic created: 07-09-2021 06:34 AM)
user39Da4RVPHJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Please if anyone out there has discovered a way has discovered a way to fix the voice to text problem problem contact me. I am. I am stuck with the top of the line extremely expensive extremely expensive brick. I am not correcting this post hopefully this post hopefully you can see some of the things I'm dealing with. With. I can't believe top of the line has 20 years the line has 20 year old technology on their voice texting. On their voice texting. I would give anything to have my S7 back . The only advice is to go in and change your keyboard to the Google to the Google keyboard. I did that it but I did that it did not help. That is the only answer there that is the only answer they're putting out there online. Someone email me or someone contact me or someone someone contact me someone text me or someone flat out call me I don't care at this point. Don't care at this point. My number is *****.  For the love of God I want my old phone I want my old phone back!

6 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah OK, I'm giving this text to speech thing a try. I don't normally use it. I would think that text to speech is very dependent on your Internet connection, at least it is with my automobile. I am dictating this on an S21 ultra 512K512K using Samsung keyboard and so far I haven't found and so far I haven't found any issues with it other than it just repeated the 512K. It does take a bit to get used to it.

I'm not questioning you're experienced but for me it doesn't seem all that bad.
Your best option would be to put in an error report via the Samsung Members app as this forum is a user 4 as this forum is a user form and not for putting in bug reports.
I do see that it duplicates some things that are being dictated and that to me is a bug.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

This is typed on my PC.  While dictating I find the most difficult thing is knowing what you are going to say without stuttering or repeating.  The speech engine did repeat things a number of times and I was smoothly dictating during those sections so it seems to be a bug to me.  Dictating is not my cup of tea though.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
useruuADdQKVNb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I found a solution,  hallelujah. I swear it was so annoying on this expensive device. Here's the solution:

Settings > General Management > Keyboard List and Default >

..now turn off the toggle switch for "SAMSUNG VOICE INPUT." Leave on the option above it for "Google voice typing." 

Now when you go to your text inbox and hit the microphone, google voice text will pop up with a one time notification, which looks slightly different from the samsung voice. So far so good!

(PS - Hopefully you set your "ok google" feature up when you set your phone up).

SamsungPlsHelp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I've been reading a lot of different forums about this issue (which was happening in 2017) and that works for some, but not for others. I think google is trying to get us to use Gboard, but even that isn't working for everyone. My phone is an S9, and my friend started having the issue on his phone at the same time mine started. Samsung said that there's nothing they can do if it happened after an update.

0 Likes
userlPl8FuoBmH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

This worked for me! Thank you so much for the info!

0 Likes
Members_NaM2Dtf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

THANK YOU!

0 Likes