Original topic:

[S21U] How to enable AMOLED Photo mode? Color calibration issues and others

(Topic created: 09-15-2022 08:32 AM)
Philos-kun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I couldn't find any way to enable AMOLED Photo mode again... I don't understand why this feature was taken out.

I moved from an old Galaxy to a S21 Ultra and the screen modes look so bad compared to my old phone; Vivid mode is stupidly saturated to the point of distorting colors (greens look teal and oranges look red), and the Basic mode looks incredibly desaturated in comparison to the old AMOLED Photo.

Is there any way to re-enable this feature again? or to request it to developers?

I don't understand why this is the case, as all OLED phones out there follow ADOBE or DCIP3 instead of sRGB, this includes all iPhone with (ironically) Samsung OLED screens, Pixel, OnePlus, etc.

2 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Can you not achieve what you want by adjusting the color temp and RGB sliders in the Vivid Mode?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Philos-kun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for your reply! however, my issue is that Vivid Mode saturates colors way too much, and Natural causes them to look washed, also, It's not about Color Temperature, but rather, a missing feature of the phone.

0 Likes