Original topic:

S21ultra with no 5G Network mode.

(Topic created: 08-03-2021 03:17 PM)
Members_wZENVzw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have an s21 ultra and I do not have the option to select 5G under network mode..  Wife has the same phone and she does..  Swapped around sim cards and I still do not have the 5G network mode..  APN's are identical with same service provider. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Are both phones the same version either locked or unlocked.  For instance my Verizon locked from Verizon phone only allows me to select auto or manual network (carrier) and not band.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
MarkWatney1701
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
It goes further than that, alot of carriers limit 5g on a plan basis. Cricket i know does that.
0 Likes
userCTCA6YsWqj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

If he's switched the Sims between the phones and nothing changed with the phones then it's the phones, not the plans

0 Likes
MarkWatney1701
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Not if its the same plans and provider. Changing the sim would just change the number
0 Likes
Members_wZENVzw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Both phones are unlocked and I bought them new directly from Samsung (SM-G998U1).  

Networks.JPG

0 Likes