Original topic:

S22 - Bring Back sdCard Slot

(Topic created: 09-04-2021 09:14 AM)
Anon1962
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I was so disappointed when I found out that Samsung removed the sdCard slot from the S21.  I've had the S series phones since I had the S3.  Along the mostly great journey we had the removable battery and the sdCard taken away (S6).  Thankfully when users like me and many others refused to buy the S6 the the sdCard was brought back (but not the battery access).  But now Samsung took it away again in the Galaxy S21.

I'm hoping few people buy into Samsung with the S21 and us long term Samsung loyalists hold off upgrading to the S21 in hopes of sending a clear message to Samsung. WE WANT OUR OWN STORAGE OPTIONS!

I know that if the S22 is released without an sdCard slot I will sadly move on to a less desirable brand I order to maintain my storage desires.

Samsung's justification for removing the sdCard is waterproofing. But, there is still a SIM card slot (for now) so if they can waterproof that well and they move to eSIMs then they should be able to waterproof just the sdCard in that same space where the SIM sits now.

Thoughts?
3 Replies
justicestorm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Agree
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi!  We appreciate the feedback and will be forwarding it accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWaoMN5itw3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
sd card slot will be returning hopefully