Original topic:

Samsung 21+ black screen of death

(Topic created: 12-04-2021 08:03 PM)
Rohit Mansukhani
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I bought the Samsung 21+ 5 months ago and today while using the phone the screen went black but the phone is still working though I am unable to use it. I tried fixing it by press the restart button but to no avail and then tried restart + lower voice control button but that too didnt worked. 

the Dex function too is not working- what is the use of this function if the locked phone cannot be connected.   

I have been facing issues with this phone. The phone is not worth the price; after the latest update to UI.4.0 the watsapp is not working, face book app is crashing, the links in the facebook are not opening. There may be several issues which I may not have identified. 

It appears that an R&D product has been sold at half baked stage by describing it as premium product.  

0 Likes
7 Replies
Unimatrix_1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
With that many issues and unknowns, I would back up, factory reset and restore data that worked. Reinstall apps that didn't.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Try holding the power button and the Vol Down until the logo appears.  This may take 30 seconds or more so hold it for at least 45 seconds before you give up.  This often works.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Rohit Mansukhani
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have tried this though the phone rebooted thrice but it did not worked and I could not see the colored screen. Disappointed by the fact that spending good amount of money the phone behaves like a cheap Chinese phone. I even tried dex but it was not even connected/detected by the laptop.

0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
if you haven't already reboot to Recovery screen and Wipe Cache Partition and Repair Apps
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Rohit Mansukhani  I helped a guy who tried it a few times until it worked.  It can't hurt.  Try both the Volume down (reset) and Volume up (recovery) a few times.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Rohit Mansukhani
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

@bill-e  I tried all the tricks throughout  the day including power+ vol down and power+vol up several times but nothing worked for me. The phone was rebooting but there was no display. This phone is worse than a cheap Chinese phone and I believe I have been conned nonetheless first I need to get it repaired and then I will take relevant action.  

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the repair.

One last thought is to let the battery totally drain and then see if it comes back upon recharge.

Bill
---
0 Likes