JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Email App Won't Recognize Passwd

(Topic created: 07-04-2021 12:43 PM)
Oz_Girl
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Suddenly, my Samsung email app asked me to validate my xfinity account.  I put in the passwd and it would 't recognize it.  I can still log in to my email from my phone directly to the xfinity site.

I deleted my account from the Samsung app and tried to recreate.  The app takes me to the Xfinity login and it will not accept my passwd.  

Unsure of what is going on.  Yes the passwd is correct.  Yes I have logged onto Xfinity from other devices to validate the passwd is still the same.  

Thnx for any advice.

0 Likes
5 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options

This sounds like an App issue. I would try reaching out to Xfinity app customer support or wait for them to update their app. This seems to be a bug in the app itself not really a Samsung-related issue. When it comes to 3rd party apps and their functionality on a device that falls on the App creators, developers and IT department. As Samsung has no involvement with these 3rd party creators or companies. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Oz_Girl
Asteroid
Options

Thanks.  I think so too.  I fooled around and did get it to work but the solution may not be long-lasting.

0 Likes
Solution
Oz_Girl
Asteroid
Options

So I found that if I skipped past the acccount name and entered the password first when re-creating the account and then entered the email account name it suddenly allowed access.  I have no idea why this worked but it did.

Paul1961
Comet
Options
I have found that sometimes if I use autofill it will say it is invalid. So I have to manually enter the email address/username and password to get it to accept it.
0 Likes
Oz_Girl
Asteroid
Options

I tried both ways but it would not accept it.  But I believe it was something like that as when I entered the passwd first then the acct name it worked.  So it was something related to the field and how it was entered.

0 Likes