Original topic:

Samsung Email app dysfunctioning (Nov 7 2023)

(Topic created: 11-08-2023 08:34 AM)
RBinPerson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello--

Just today (Nov. 7, 2023) my Samsung Email app is dysfunctioning on the Galaxy S21. It's forgetting the email account passwords every half hour. Emails can't be received or sent without "verifying account" and when I try to do that, it doesn't go to the screens where you can change or enter passwords. I have to completely delete the email account and then add it again, and re-set up the account. This has happened repeatedly today. I even tried uninstalling the email app and reinstalling it. I tried deleting the app's cache. What's going on? Does the app need an update? Anyone else experiencing this?

Raymond

175 Replies
dtash
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having this same issue! I've Uninstalled and reinstalled and my Comcast email will not sync.
0 Likes
dtash
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My Samsung email app has suddenly stopped syncing. I'm unable to use the app to see any new emails and I'm also unable to send any emails. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. However, it still won't sync. I don't know what do to to fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions or Intel on this issue?
Kokica
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here! It is effecting comcast not gmail however.
jols523
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I believe it is an xfinity to samsung issue that NEEDS to be addressed or at least acknowledged to the public
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm creating this post based on the number of posts related to syncing Samsung Email on your devices. It is my intention that following these steps should assist you in resolving the issue,

1. In settings (swipe down from the top), press and hold POWER MANAGE > press and hold POWER SAVING MODE > ensure that RESTRICT ALL BACKGROUND DATA is turned OFF (is grey)

2: Confirm you have connectivity to the internet. Try to surf on your browser. If you can’t, connectivity is the issue.

3: In Settings (swipe down from the top) ensure SYNC is turned on

4: Press an hold SYNC, and ensure your MICROSOFT EXCHANGE ACTIVESYNC or other email account is included in the Accounts to Sync list

5: Ensure your email account is included in the ACCOUNTS list

Notifications:

Perhaps the sync is working but you have email NOTIFICATIONS turned off.

6: In Settings (swipe down from the top) > click on NOTIFICATION SETTINGS > EMAIL (or whatever email app you are using)

If this does not resolve your email issues, Please post a comment and I will continue to post other potential Solutions. Thank you for using Samsung Member's App!

0 Likes
jllmn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Checked settings, still not syncing comcast email
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
0 Likes
ACahMak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I mentioned this on the thread I shared, but will mention it to you in case it's helpful. I have 3 Samsung devices, all 3 running the latest update to Samsung Email App - 6.1.82.0. However, on my Tab A8 running Android 10, the Email App still syncs. My Tab S6 and smartphone A10E does not. The difference I see is in the App settings. In the Advanced Settings, under Server settings, the Tab A8 still has email password lines that can be entered. On the Tab S6 and A10E, the password entry lines have disappeared. Without them, when you press Done, the app checks the Server settings, then generates an error message "Couldn't Verify Account. Couldn't connect to your account. Check your account and Server information, and try again. " Hope this is helpful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Although this is related to an event from 2021. This very well could be happening again at this time. This has not been verified by Samsung at this time. But, things like this have been known to happen again.

Please see this link. Again while it is dated. It's worth knowing that you are not alone in this and I'm confident that Samsung and your provider are working on the issue.

https://piunikaweb.com/2021/09/28/samsung-email-app-not-syncing-on-galaxy-devices-is-a-known-issue/
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Hmmm! That's good to know. I specifically remember reading something about Samsung's changes recently implemented about Authentication with their services. I wonder of this very well could be part of the issue many users are facing.