Original topic:

Samsung Email app dysfunctioning (Nov 7 2023)

(Topic created: 11-11-2023 04:51 AM)
RBinPerson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello--

Just today (Nov. 7, 2023) my Samsung Email app is dysfunctioning on the Galaxy S21. It's forgetting the email account passwords every half hour. Emails can't be received or sent without "verifying account" and when I try to do that, it doesn't go to the screens where you can change or enter passwords. I have to completely delete the email account and then add it again, and re-set up the account. This has happened repeatedly today. I even tried uninstalling the email app and reinstalling it. I tried deleting the app's cache. What's going on? Does the app need an update? Anyone else experiencing this?

Raymond

175 Replies
userHy4Q23PtI7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same issue with my Galaxy S21 since Nov. 7th.
0 Likes
ErieCODRW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Finally appears to have been resolved. The Samsung app. on my phone has been syncing with my comcast.net email again for the last couple of hours. Am assuming they must have pushed an update out that didn't require a restart.

0 Likes
Mag91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have Xfinity email on Samsung Galaxy 8 and I have same problem. Last email recieved on Nov. 6 and starting Nov 7, email won't sync. Can't send or recieve.
I don't have this problem onmy laptop, just Smartphine. Something happened/changed Nov. 6. 2023
0 Likes
fhrey
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Why .y messages does not show up
0 Likes
Note10SM-N975U1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same problem with my s23 ultra deleting the account,  setting back, working again for a couple of days, after that, lost again!!! Microsoft outlook works fine no problem!!!

0 Likes
ACahMak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
As of yesterday morning, my S6 Light had a pop up notification from the Samsung Email App that said I was not logged in, and allowed me to enter my password. My A10E still doesn't work. The S6 is still syncing as of this morning, but don't know how long it will last. Still the same version as when the trouble began, with no password line on the Server Settings. I've not heard back from Samsung Error report.
0 Likes
POLOBEAR57
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks alot
0 Likes
-jr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
One never tried their email app. I not that I have another 1 but I can be difficult. I.e. Go to each seperate email I have to retrieve the mail. I know it doesn't make sense... 🤫🤫
0 Likes
ACahMak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Finally my last device - A10E, finally asked for a password when I tried it. My S6 is still working, as well as my Tab A8. Hopefully, the issue has been resolved.
0 Likes
SPython
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

The update from 6.1.18.1 to 6.1.82.0 has changed the SSL/TTL handshake with mail servers - so many users can no longer download or send email via the latest Samsung Email app.  Many companies rely on their employees having access to their email via personal devices and this has essentially caused chaos.  Samsung should have tested this before release and at least fixed it immediately.  The earliest complaint from users is as far back as late October.  Users that do not have the updated app on their phones have no trouble syncing with their mail servers. 
Also reported on the EU community forum - so it is universal.  Samsung: GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER ... PLEASE!

0 Likes