Original topic:

Samsung Email app dysfunctioning (Nov 7 2023)

(Topic created: 11-07-2023 10:14 AM)
RBinPerson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello--

Just today (Nov. 7, 2023) my Samsung Email app is dysfunctioning on the Galaxy S21. It's forgetting the email account passwords every half hour. Emails can't be received or sent without "verifying account" and when I try to do that, it doesn't go to the screens where you can change or enter passwords. I have to completely delete the email account and then add it again, and re-set up the account. This has happened repeatedly today. I even tried uninstalling the email app and reinstalling it. I tried deleting the app's cache. What's going on? Does the app need an update? Anyone else experiencing this?

Raymond

175 Replies
rbanks14
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having a similar issue on my s22 and tab a8. Email will not sync(refresh) on both devices
Rheum1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes. Am experiencing with S20 and Xfinity email but not with Gmail
RBinPerson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Exactly. I have Xfinity Comcast set up with the Samsung Email, and that's where the problem is. I wonder if it's some kind of Xfinity glitch as opposed to the Samsung app?

userCfJP1RKx2Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It's not an xfinity glitch because my microsoft outlook works fine on my samsung s 22
userqXwtcrVKuo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same problem on my S20. Just started yesterday Nov 7. No place to enter password. I also have Comcast . Email works ok on home pc
mharber2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It is xfinity because they said they are aware of it and working on it. When I tried to add my xfinity ti outlook and gmail I got a cannot connect to server. The xfinity server is the issue for those who were already had xfinity email in gmail or outlook it does still work in that case. All this info is in the xfinity forums on this issue
userqXwtcrVKuo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
It is NOT a Comcast problem.
I installed Yahoo email app and no problem at all. Just dont like the advertising that comes with it but it worked fine. And used it as a temporary email app. Since then I have closed my Samsung account and reopened as new. The Samsung email has now been working fine for the last 24 hours. So far so good.
Brit.
0 Likes
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Good to know.  My Dad has xfinity.  The Samsung email app was lacking something and I went with the Outlook app.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
EvLeb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having the same exact issue. Actually, one Comcast email account is having issues (the main one), and the other is having zero issues.
0 Likes