Original topic:

Samsung Email app dysfunctioning (Nov 7 2023)

(Topic created: 11-07-2023 10:14 AM)
RBinPerson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello--

Just today (Nov. 7, 2023) my Samsung Email app is dysfunctioning on the Galaxy S21. It's forgetting the email account passwords every half hour. Emails can't be received or sent without "verifying account" and when I try to do that, it doesn't go to the screens where you can change or enter passwords. I have to completely delete the email account and then add it again, and re-set up the account. This has happened repeatedly today. I even tried uninstalling the email app and reinstalling it. I tried deleting the app's cache. What's going on? Does the app need an update? Anyone else experiencing this?

Raymond

175 Replies
Pipemajor2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Problem is only with my Xfinity secondary email accounts.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S23, the S23+ and a Tab S8 using the Samsung email app.  All updates applied.

Primary email account works fine but the secondary account keeps asking to 'verify' log in credentials then says I need to reset the password.  I reset the password on the primary account but unable to do so on the secondary.  Also tried deleting the secondary account and reinstalling it.

On a Windows platform using a Thunderbird email app all accounts work fine.

Frustrating, to say the least.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Working fine with Gmail and Outlook365

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
SPython
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

The problem is not with Gmail.  The problem arises when you select "Other" and setup for other mail servers.  Everything worked fine before the update to 6.1.82.0 which apparently change the SSL/TTL handshake with mail servers.  Why Samsung technicians did not test this in various scenarios before its release is baffling.  They have disabled the app for many users including businesses.  FIX IT PLEASE, SAMSUNG!!!! This has been going on for months and it is exasperating.  So no "biil-e Samsung Care Ambassador"  you have not provided any solution.  Read the previous posts.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@SPython Thanks for the reply.  If you want to report an issue with the Email app, Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
SPython
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

This problem persists on Samsung 23 plus with V 6.1.90.16 of Samsung Email app (last update November 30 2023

0 Likes
xmullett
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I've been having the same problem since around that time only with my hotmail.com account. Has anyone figured out a fix? Thanks.
0 Likes