Original topic:

Samsung Email app dysfunctioning (Nov 7 2023)

(Topic created: 11-07-2023 10:14 AM)
RBinPerson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello--

Just today (Nov. 7, 2023) my Samsung Email app is dysfunctioning on the Galaxy S21. It's forgetting the email account passwords every half hour. Emails can't be received or sent without "verifying account" and when I try to do that, it doesn't go to the screens where you can change or enter passwords. I have to completely delete the email account and then add it again, and re-set up the account. This has happened repeatedly today. I even tried uninstalling the email app and reinstalling it. I tried deleting the app's cache. What's going on? Does the app need an update? Anyone else experiencing this?

Raymond

175 Replies
Jdel668293
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, I have the galaxy ultra 22, and am also, having same email client problem as most have described here..Any update for a resolution ?

0 Likes
userCx0lbD8Cz5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Xfinity email here. Removing email and adding it back is a temporary fix. Unfortunately, it goes back to not syncing again. I don't know if it's a Samsung or Comcast issue. Hopefully it's resolved soon.
NormPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Will try to chat again & report back if I get any info.

userCx0lbD8Cz5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you
0 Likes
ACahMak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I am trying to get support through the error report function. I did hear back asking for screen shots and further info, since the system error logs won't show anything. I'll post anything I hear.
RBinPerson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I thought it was the Samsung Email app, but I'm now thinking this is an Xfinity issue. There is an Xfinity Community thread going about it, and users are reporting the same thing. People with Samsung Email app synced to Xfinity email are reporting that the app is not remembering the password authentication after about 30 minutes. Uninstalling and reinstalling app temporarily fixes it, but after 30 minutes or so, it fails again. This just started on November 7, 2023. Xfinity needs to work with the Samsung Email app and get this fixed pronto!

ACahMak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
The weird part is though is that my Tab A8 got the same update, but it still works. My Tab S6 Lite and A10E don't. The only difference I can see is on the Server Settings page. One the S6 and A10E, it no longer shows a password line. On the Tab A, the password line is still there.
0 Likes
knight55
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It's definitely the app. My wife and I have the same phones and xfinity email. She has the update, I do not. She has no password field for the servers, mine is still there. Mine works just fine, hers has all the problems above. All other settings the same. I sure won't be updating the app until a fix comes!
usermgavNeZ0az
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I updated all my apps last night and my last sync was @ 12:40am today. Must be an update on this S22. I also have comcast.net email.
EvLeb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
It's not just the S22... I have an older Samsung... Galaxy A51... same problem.

0 Likes